"Diet Fat Burning Soup" Legit?

Someone on another (unrelated) forum I visit posted this today.

Just wondered if anyone can confirm this is as ridiculous as I think it is. Especially this line near the end "The diet soup will not add calories; the more you eat the more fat you will lose."

Whaaaaat?

Others are eating this stuff up (lol) and I seem to be the only one who thinks it's nonsense!

What do you guys think?

---

DIET FAT BURNING SOUP RECIPE
Diet Fat Burning Soup Ingredients:

6 large onions (or less if required)
2 green peppers
1-2 cans tomatoes
1 bunch celery
1/2 head cabbage
Chicken stock cube (or 1 packet onion soup mix)
Season to taste with salt and pepper

Diet Fat Burning Soup 7 Day Eating Plan for a Fat Burning Diet:
Here is a 7 day eating plan for a fat burning diet to use with your diet fat burning soup.

DAY 1
You can eat any fruits except bananas. Cantaloupes and water melons are lower in calories than most fruits although not so filling. Eat your diet fat burning soup and fruit on the first day, for drinks choose unsweetened tea, cranberry juice and plenty of WATER.

DAY 2
You can have any vegetables, fresh, raw, or cooked vegetables of your choice. Include leafy green vegetables, the darker the better, and stay away from raw beans, potatoes, peas and corn. Eat all the vegetables you can along with your diet fat burning soup. At dinner on this day reward yourself with a big baked potato and butter. You can eat all the vegetables you want this day but no fruit.

DAY 3
Mix day 1 with day 2. Eat all the fruits and vegetables you want but you cannot have a baked potato this day.

DAY 4
You can have bananas and skimmed milk. Eat as many bananas and drink as many glasses of milk as you can on day 4 along with your diet fat burning soup. Bananas are high in calories and so is the milk, but on this day your body needs the potassium, carbohydrates, protein and calcium to lessen the craving for sweets. Do not eat any other fruit or vegetables today!

DAY 5
Beef and tomatoes. You may have as much as ten to twenty ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes, or as many as 6 fresh tomatoes on this day. Try to drink at eat 6-8 glasses of water this day to wash the uric acid from your body. Eat your diet fat burning soup at least once this day but do not have any other fruit or vegetables today!

DAY 6
Beef and vegetables. Eat to your hearts content beef and vegetables this day. You can have 2 or 3 steaks with dark leafy green vegetables but no baked potatoes or fruit. Be sure to eat your diet fat burning soup at least once this day.

DAY 7
Brown Rice, unsweetened fruit juice and vegetables. Again eat as much as you like, be sure to eat your diet fat burning soup at least once this day but no fruit.

Diet Fat Burning Soup 7 Day Eating Plan Facts:
By the end of the seventh day, if you have not cheated on this fat burning diet you will have lost pounds, stay off the fat burning soup diet for two days before resuming it again from day 1.

The seven day eating plan can be used as you like, if correctly followed, it will clean your system of impurities, and give you a feeling of well being as never before.

After only a few days of this process, you will begin to feel lighter and have an abundance of energy, continue this plan as long as you wish.

This is a fast fat burning diet, and the secret behind it is that you will be using more calories than you take in.

The fat burning soup diet does not lend itself to taking alcohol at any time, because of the removal of fat build up in your system. Go off the diet at least 24 hours before any alcohol intake.

Because everyone's digestive system is different, this fat burning soup diet will affect everyone differently. If after being on this fat burning diet for several days, you find your bowel movement has changed, eat a cup of bran and fibre.

Although you can have coffee on your diet, you will not feel the need for caffeine after the third day.

Diet Fat Burning Soup Prohibited Foods
Do Not Have:
Bread, cakes, biscuits, crisps, sweets, chocolate, alcohol or carbonated drinks
No fried foods

You can:
Eat boiled or baked chicken, instead of the beef but absolutely no skin on the chicken.
Substitute broiled fish for beef, on only one of the beef days. You will need protein from the beef on the other day.
Stick with water, unsweetened teas, black coffee, unsweetened juices (such as cranberry juice) and skimmed milk.

Remember: The diet fat burning soup can be eaten at any time of the day you feel hungry, and you can eat as much as you like and as often as you like.

The diet soup will not add calories; the more you eat the more fat you will lose.

Any prescribed medicine you take will not harm your fat burning diet, continue this diet soup for as long as you want to lose fat, taking heed to rest for a full 48 hours between each 7 day fat burning diet plan.

You will soon notice the difference with an improvement in your mental and physical disposition. This is because you have successfully removed all the impurities and toxins and given your body a detox at the same time as ridding yourself of unwanted fat. That’s the beauty of following a diet of fat burning soup.

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. I'm a big fan of this quote from the instructions:

"This is a fast fat burning diet, and the secret behind it is that you will be using more calories than you take in."

Well, duh.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    My guess is like any fad diet, you will initially lose the weight but when you get off the diet, and you will have to because it is unsustainable, you will gain all of the weight back and probably more.
  • HeartlessHarlot
    HeartlessHarlot Posts: 65 Member
    I have a feeling that this is based on the "Negtive Calorie Foods" list. I'm sure you've all seen it circulated around. The list of foods that contain less calories than you burn consuming them.

All in all, it won't work. Well, it will, but you'll gain in all back as soon as you jump off. Just like the 72hour Hollywood Juice Diet, Cabage Soup Diet, Grapefruit Diet.....
  • General rule of thumb:

If the diet has the word 'diet' in it, it won't work.
  • harric88
    harric88 Posts: 82 Member
    I've just done this properly for the first time (didn't work when I was drinking alcohol or cheated!! :D ) and I've lost 9lb in 7 days - for the first time in months I can see a difference yaaay :) surely it can't all be water weight as I drink about 2litres a day minimum. I think this is a great boost if you're already on a healthy eating plan back to high protein, low carb and lots and lots of veg next week so hoping I'll stay at this weight and get back into losing! (wouldnt expect it to if I was eating pizza, Mc D's etc its not a miracle plan)
  • SoOoSoOo89
    SoOoSoOo89 Posts: 7 Member
    i used this diet before i initially lost 5kg a week but when i get off the diet, i gain all of the weight back .

i lost 15 k per 3 week and gain 20k after months
  • I did a similar soup and it does work if, you stay committed , but you can add different veggies to your taste. I hope this helps
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    That cabbage soup diet has been around since I was kid, and that was a LONG freaking time ago.
    Sure it works. You dump a whole bunch of water weight
    and then put all the weight right back on when you go back to eating.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Ah, the Cabbage Soup Diet returns with a new name! I remember this first appearing in the 70's; if it was so magical and really worked there wouldn't be any fat people 40 years later.
  • It is legit and does truly work. Yes, you will gain the weight back IF you go back to eating unhealthy. Its just like anything else, if you exercise and eat healthy you will lose weight. If you quit eating healthy and quit exercising you will gain it back. The key is to gradually work restricted foods back into your diet and continue to exercise. Hope this helps :)
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Not sure about the diet, but I make a cabbage soup recipe almost identical to that... because I love cabbage soup.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    eating soup is great but use common sense it is just a food. You can loose weight without going crazy
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I wouldn't touch that diet with a 20 foot pole.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    No.
  • This is my go to diet. I use it to lose a few pounds after I have over indulged around the holidays or summer vacation. With this diet I lose weight and feel good. Over time I have added more veggies and fruits to my normal diet because I see how well this diet works short term. After being on the diet I try to eat in a similar fashion to keep the weight off - lots of veggies and fruits, reduce carbs especially bread and pasta. It is amazing how good I feel and how much more energy I have when on this diet. I do include some nuts for snacks. I also make sure to exercise several days of the week.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    So the soup "burns fat" if you claim to be "on a diet"? Sounds perfectly legit.

9.gif
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    How to burn fat with soup

1. make soup

2. pour olive oil on top of the soup

3. set fire to the olive oil

ta daaaa!! fat burning soup!!

Serious answer: to burn fat you need to eat at a calorie deficit, i.e. where your body burns more energy than you take in through food. Some kinds of soup can help you to eat less than you burn off, in that they're delicious and filling for the amount of calories in them. Other kinds of soup you'd be surprised at just how many calories are in that small bowl. But if it's yummy and you log the calories and stick to your calorie goal, you can burn fat in spite of them. There's nothing magical about any food that makes it burn fat.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    I wouldn't touch that diet with a 20 foot pole.

^^^^ this

OP set your MFP goal to lose 1lb a week and stick to that calorie goal, i.e. as close to goal as possible - do some kind of exercise that you enjoy and eat back 80% of the calories. Try to eat protein every day, and in general get enough carbs, fat, vitamins, minerals and fibre. It will take longer to lose the weight, but you'll have the added bonuses of the weight you losing being near enough pure fat and also that it's much much easier to sustain long term.... i.e. staying at goal weight for life instead of yo-yoing.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    This thread is 2 years old and the OP hasn't posted since :p