Eating same foods bad?

I know that after a while your body will adjust if you keep doing the same exercises and you will plateau. Does that work with foods as well? I like to buy enough food for the week and I end up eating eating the same breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 4 or 5 days out of the week. Could this cause plateaus in weight lose?

Replies

• keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch almost every day and am still losing weight. Exercise plateaus happen because your body improves and no longer exerts as much energy doing the exercise. Your stomach doesn't get any better at burning calories.
  • derek2680
    derek2680 Posts: 48 Member
    That is what I figured, but wanted that second opinion. Thanks
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Variety is best, but as long as you're getting proper nutrition I don't think it matters. I eat yogurt everyday because I think the probiotics are helpful.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Your body doesn't care where the calories are coming from as long as they're calories - as far as just weight loss goes.. so no, it doesn't matter if you eat the exact same things every single day without fail - the quantity is the only thing that matters.
    And it's the same with exercise.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    LOL I would hope not-- I've heard that having a pretty set meal plan actually can help you stay on track, because you know what to expect and therefore don't see it as a novelty-- I want to say that was in a study awhile ago?