When do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• jessicataylor2
    Options
    I haven't been able to weigh myself recently. But when I do I usually do once a week and it's always right when I wake up and use the bathroom. Before I've eaten or drank anything and without clothes. That way you're only getting your body weight instead of your food, water, and clothes weight.
  • butterflymarks
    butterflymarks Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself way too often.

Like multiple times a day.. :/

The only one I go by is the morning one, without any food, clothes, or liquids in my system!
  • tyoung4
    tyoung4 Posts: 30
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday.
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    Every morning before I eat or drink anything. I think it's more accurate that way and I'm curious to see how I'm doing. If you don't like the scale very much, :ohwell: I would say you should weigh once or twice every week, in the morning as I do.
  • indiepops
    indiepops Posts: 96
    Options
    i started on a monday so i weigh every monday and do my measurements, then to a mid week weigh usually on a thursday just to check im losing and on track with the diet xx
  • ajz2010
    ajz2010 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Fridays, always in the morning before I eat or drink anything. I don't weigh myself on Mondays, because I tend to eat out and drink alcohol on Saturday and sometimes Sunday. The sodium and alcohol usually cause me to retain water. I usually weigh a lb or 2 more for a day or so, even though I've stayed within my calories. Plus, I work out almost every day and am pretty dedicated to healthier eating during the week. The results tend to show by week end.

This! Friday morning weigh ins!!
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    Every other week, in the morning before I eat breakfast. I have learned to not let the scale rule me--even on a bad day/week. I prefer to use tape measure, I believe tape measure is a better way to measure (ha ha) results. I used to weigh myself and never see the scale move, or only go down slightly-half a pound at times. So the tape showed off the real difference when I recorded measurements (hips, thighs, waist) from week to week.
  • Angelgirl040688
    Angelgirl040688 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    if u weigh urself daily the numbers will change depending on how much water u have in ur system or (not to sound gross) if you have gone to the restroom recently.. but weighing yourself once a week at the same time will help you know what your weight is really doing..
  • Jesusgirl1984
    Options
    i weigh myself daily but it gets really discourage when i don't lose and or if i see i gained weight. :(
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Officially Tuesday mornings, after going to the bathroom and before getting dressed because I started MFP on a Tuesday.

I also weigh myself after eating maintenance (at a party or something) which I really shouldn't do because the last time I was 192 pounds then a couple days later back down to 187, the exact weight I was before the party.
  • mommamorris
    mommamorris Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you should only weigh urself once a week and it should be as soon as you wake up before you eat or drink anything. this is ur most accurate weight. I find myself doing the same thing as you. i always find myself weighing myself everyday knowing i shouldnt be but curiousity always wins with me. its like im addicted to looking!
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I "weigh" myself (using the Wii Fit quasi-scale) every two weeks.

I r-e-f-u-s-e to weight myself every day or every week. A lot of people do but that kind of torture is not for me.