Newbie looking for friends and support!

Options
So I signed up for MFP awhile ago and never really gave it a shot. I saw the app on my phone and that drew me back in so I figured Id actually give it a shot this time. I mean what do I have to lose other than weight right?

Im a 29 year old stay at home mom and have decided that it's about time to change my ways. As a bunch of people have already said, it's a lifestyle change not a diet. With the help of my husband and my brother (and hopefully some friends here on MFP) I am looking forward to losing weight and getting healthier.

I am thinking about doing Ripped in 30 (completed the first day today), maybe start the couch 2 5k program, and probably family walks in the evening. I want to at least do Ripped in 30 for one round to see how that works and from there make a decision to do it again or do something else, although I have heard good things about it. I am also going to start counting calories and making better choices with healthier eating and quit eating and drinking junk.

So if theres anyone who wants to be my friend and wants to support each other feel free to add me!!

Replies

• nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    Feel free to add me, my name's Charlie!
  • kylas7
    kylas7 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello! nice to meet you!~ feel free to add me
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    Hi,

I haven't branched out to adding friends other than my family and personal friends so far, but I would like to. You can be my first! :) I am very motivated. I tried MFP over a year ago and gave up. This time I joined a Weight Loss Challenge at my GYM and am learning new things everyday that I would love to share with others. I brought my mom and aunt in on the healthy kick as well! Here for Support!!!! :) Nice to Meet ya!

Katie
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Whilst I am nor 29 or a stay at home mom, more friends and sharing support is always good, so feel free to add me :)!
  • MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    feel free to add me. Im always on here!!!
  • LoveLaughSweatFuel
    LoveLaughSweatFuel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Just started logging myself.:smile:
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend. I have been using MFP for about 4 weeks now and have made no connections either. :happy:
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me if they wish. Be warned I use humor a lot and you might get PUNished by it ongoing :)
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, i think im motivational through my actions and support. Those are great programs to get you on track, but i think finding what makes you the happiest is the the ultimate goal. Good luck
  • solaryellowtj
    solaryellowtj Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I look forward to losing weight and getting fit and healthier with everyone here! :)
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Mike. Feel free to add me! Thanks!