Random Cravings

Options
Don't you hate when you get some random craving and no matter what you do you just can't stop craving it?!?!

This morning while driving to work I got a crazy, random craving for mini corn dogs and all day long it's been on my mind making me think I am hungry when I probably really am not. Although I do like mini corn dogs, it's not something I normally eat so I don't know where this craving came from.

What's kind of crazy things do you crave and when do you (if ever) give in to your cravings?

Replies

• apeluso1985
    Options
    peanut butter . . . every freakin' night!
  • radioraven
    radioraven Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Grilled Cheese Sandwiches!
  • jojogo1111
    Options
    I often crave peanut butter and jam in the middle of the night. I sometimes wake up at 2am and go into the kitchen a get a spoonful of peanut butter and jam and go back to bed. I know...it's sickening.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I keep craving hamburgers. Not the bun really, just the meat. I keep making my hubby grill them for me. Yesterday I planned my entire day round that one hamburger pattie. It was worth it!
  • DeziarayM1530
    Options
    Okay ever since I was born basically I can't stomach meats that well
    And when I do eat meats I'm very picky and can only eat small
    Portions if u even wanna call that small its more like a bird picking at
    A small portion anyway, I have always HATED entirely red meats and
    Especially hamburger. The only meats I'll eat are boneless ribs medium rare, trip tip medium
    Rare and chicken. Anything else is just not entering my mouth. So
    Back to the subject I am now almost 21 and got off my birth control
    About 3 1:2 months ago and all of a sudden for these last couple days I have
    Been CRAVING hamburger meat..and when I say craving I mean I would sell
    My soul to devour some and it disgusted me bc I hate the taste but its like my body
    Was craving it so bad I tried to eat my regular chicken chef salad that day and it was
    Like my body was still hungry for the meat like I hadn't eaten anything at all I just wanted
    That meat!! So went to McDonald's got a salad the next day they accidentally gave me a cheese burger in
    My bag! And I when I smelled it it was like my body was excited but my head just wanted to puke!
    Regardless to say I opened the sob right away and ate it within 2 bites literally and it was scaringly satisfying.
    But after I had eaten it the craving passed and I tried to eat one another day just to see and u couldn't swallow it the smell made
    Me want to projectile vomit! Idk what in the world happened or if this is like a thyroid problem? I've been overly
    Tired as well but I'm not sure just never heard of this happening to anyone. Thought ide share. Sorry
    For my long post guys ._.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oreo cheesecake or chocolate peanut butter brownie cheesecake. In fact, cake in general - but only the ones with soft buttercream frosting.
  • marise1113
    marise1113 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I almost always give in to my cravings and try to be reasonable with them. I have found that ignoring them does no good. Trying to eat something else never works and I wind up eventually eating what I am craving and what I eat to avoid eating what I am craving :sad:

Getting distracted by becoming involved in an activity very often works.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Some cravings are your body telling you that you are deficient in something.

A sudden craving for red meat when you normally don't like it, can mean you are iron deficient, for example. Whatever that food is really high in, could be what your body is lacking.