Interval Training to Lose Belly Fat???

I'm walking on the treadmill 5 minutes at 4.0 mph. Then I am alternating 1.5 minutes of running at 5.0 with 1.5 minutes of walking at 4.0 for 20 minutes. Then a 5 minute cool down walk at 3.5 mph.

Is this considered interval training? Is this enough to lose fat? I'm doing this 2-3 days a week and doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 3-4 days a week.

I'm just now trying to get back into shape and really want to lose my belly. Any advice or suggestions would be great!

Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Unfortunately, one cannot spot reduce fat. The body will reduce fat where it sees fit.

The best thing you can do is be active and maintain a caloric deficit, following the site's recommendations.

Good luck!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Um.

You can't spot reduce fat.

That is all.
  • wiglett
    wiglett Posts: 53
    Interval training for me consists of 3.5 walk for 2 minutes and 9.0-9.5 sprints for 1-1:15 min on the tread for at least 1.5 miles. I do that with 15 minute of the ellipitical or bike if I feel unmotivated to run a 5k on the tready.
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    I do interval training (jog/walk) weekly. Once I started watching my diet closer and making sure I had a good deficit at the end of the day, I notice my waist and hips getting smaller. It really depends on your body.

Some people will loose the bulk of their fat in other places first. I always loose mine in my hips and waist first - Everywhere else is at a snails pace. I know someone who lost the first bit in their thighs. My thighs have not changed in measurement. But I can tell they have toned up. Weird how that works no inches lost but a little less giggly :happy:

We are all unique - just keep up the good work and don't give up! Watch your diet get plenty of protein.