Replies

• kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Everyday I take:

Complete Multi Vitamins And Minerals
    Maximum Strength Triple Omega 3-6-9 Capsules
    Enzyme Digest with betaine HCl
    Whey protein powder (chocolate flavour, have it in my porridge every morning & after workout)
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I take one Cantamega 2000 multi vit a day alone with one Perfectil. And one 'dose' of Maxicol in the morning, keeps me 'regular'.:wink:

The Multivit is 'cause I'm Veggie/Vegan & tend to eat rubbish, hence me being on MFP. And the Perfectil is 'cause my fingernails have always been very, very weak, so I'm hoping they help with that. It's only been a month, so I'll not know for quite a while if they are worth it or not.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi. I was prescribed Ferritin by my doctor to help restore my iron level but I too have been wondering whether to take a multivitamin of some type just in case I'm now missing vital vitamins/minerals through restricting my eating, particularly the fat soluble vitamins. Not sure what to go for yet though.
    Perhaps a high strength cod liver oil with vitamin D. Cod liver oil also contains your omega 3's and vitamin A. An awful lot of people are deficient in vitamin D. And you may want to take B vitamins too to help with your ferritin levels, particular B12 and folic acid.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I take Magnesium OK as it contains most of the vitamins and minerals I need, particularly the high levels of B6 and B12. I also take high strength cod liver oil, vitamin D and calcium, 1000mg vitamin C and eat a few brazil nuts a day for the extra selenium. I do eat a healthy diet (most days) but due to long term health conditions I often need to supplement, especially the vitamin D as I react to being in the sun.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Yes, I take;

Coral calcium (tip - these come as capsules and are MUCH easier to swallow than the regular great chunky calcium tablets you can buy). There's osteporosis in my family, so I like to keep my levels up to the RDA - lord knows how anyone magages it by eating regular food, unless they chomp on bones!

D3

B12

Selenium with zinc and ACE (this is great if you have any thyroid problems)

Triple omega fish oils.
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm very aware, since logging everything on here, that I don't get enough iron, calcium and potassium or vitamins from my diet, hence why I'm supplementing, but my question is how could I possibly get all my nutrients and stay within my calorie and macro goals? Unless there's a bunch of superfoods I don't know about it doesn't seem possible. Thoughts anyone?