Having Trouble Eating Enough Calories

2»

Replies

• Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    I have a jar of almonds in my dorm room. If i find at the end of the day I have not reached my goal then I eat however many i need. about 10 = 80 cals so it doesnt take that much, and they are so good for you
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    LOL at the beer! ;-)

me? lol...
    yeah we went out for a farewell gathering for a friend who's leaving our office and i had a couple.
    i was there for roughly 3 hours...holy CRAP did i have to nurse those beers! :laugh:

i wanted to leave it off, but thought...eh...be accountable! :drinker:
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    i might be having the same issue.
    im 6'1" and currently at 225lbs. MFP has me on a 1600cal/day regimen,

That sounds pretty low. I'm a foot shorter, over 100 lbs. lighter, and eat about that much.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Same. I have a 1200 cal goal and since I've started watching what I eat I can't seem to eat enough calories without going WAAAAAY over on carbs, which I'm trying to avoid.

Net calories today 418 :s

Carbs are fine. Net calories of 400, not so much, especially if you make a habit of it.
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    You were able to eat them before. You can eat them now.

Weight loss doesn't mean buying "low fat" everything.
  • ribena1958
    ribena1958 Posts: 152
    I too come from a WW background and short term SW, both worked for me, and what I have learnt is how I am calorie counting now:wink: I eat most of my calories for my main meal. I use them for what I personally term as 'proper' foods. I do eat nuts, share half a small bag with my son, so that means I can have a little treat, add raisins to them and it becomes a bigger treat:blushing:

My diary is open, I think I have a lot more calories than you do though :noway:
  • ribena1958
    ribena1958 Posts: 152
    oh I meant to say, just because something is high, doesn't mean its bad for you, like rice for instance, its filling and healthy and stays in the body longer to keep you fuller for longer