Insanity!

Options
Hey everyone! I have Insanity and let me tell you its...insane! Lol I have started it a couple times but havent stuck with it through the whole system. Has anyone seen great results with Insanity or have any good advice? Im determined to start again on Monday and stick with it the whole time.

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I took this week off from it. I am starting back up Monday on week 7!!! It is hard. You just have to stay focused and keep telling your self you CAN do this!
    I will be telling myself that for the next two weeks.
    If you really feel you need it, take an extra rest day. You will come back strong the next day.
    You got this!
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options
    Hello :)
    I've successfully completed insanity 3 times. It's the best workout ever & so worth it stick with it!!!
    before joining this site, i lost over 25lbs & dropped 2 (juniors) jeans sizes from insanity!!

Tips & advice:
    stretch stretch stretch!
    drink a lot of water.
    if you can't keep up with the people on screen yet, look at the move then turn away. that can discourage some people..do your own personal maximum, don't let them influence you.
    high protein diet.
    make sure to eat enough calories....1200 is way to low. aim for 1700 to be honest.

idk if you've heard of shakeology? well i don't use that BUT i buy a whey protein shake from GNC and thats my breakfast mixed with skim milk every morning after insanity (also have some sides, like banana, pb toast, egg whites ETC)

to get your calories up there enough, eat 6 times a day. 3 main meals and 3 small snacks. also helps keep the metabolism moving.
    take multivitamins if you don't already.

STICK WITH IT!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :D

feel free to dd me for motivation or more tips & whatnot!! :]

good luck!!
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm going to restart insanity . So excited :)
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i am just completed day 15 in the program! everything jade said above.. completely TRUE!

always keep pushing yourself, it is hard. yes. but YOU can do it! pace yourself at YOUR own pace. Shaun T says multiple times throughout the dvd don't ever compromise form once you do that-take a break. don't feel bad about taking breaks either.

like i said im only on day 15 and i though i was never going to get through the dvds without taking multiple breaks, i have since taken minimal breaks compared to day 1. you just need to push yourself and prove to yourself that you can do it.

good luck! :)
  • SabKab16
    SabKab16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of Insanity! The first plyometric workout KILLED ME... I felt completely useless, and unfit... Ofcourse, it's a very challenging workout! Definitely not a walk in the park. Anyways, the second time I did the plyo workout, I was A LOT better than the first time, in just 5 days!

Everyone says that within 2 weeks of sticking to the program, you'll start seeing a difference in your body and fitness level..... I've seen soo many before and after pictures, and it's SO motivating!
  • fatbutgettingthinner
    fatbutgettingthinner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Starting this on Monday morning with my wife. Just getting all of the things in to eat! Good luck everyone!
  • bazanime
    bazanime Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 25 and its really insane for a guy with love handles. You will have highs and lows and your body will change in crazy ways but its all worth it.
    I've lost 2lbs in 4 weeks and my body feels stronger.

Keep good form and do your personal best.

As Shaun T keeps saying "dig deeper and keep pushing play"

Good luck.
  • cjmas
    cjmas Posts: 63
    Options
    My Insanity! is in the mail! I'm *DETERMINED* to stick with it and complete the program. My friend - who is a professional dancer/performer- swears by it. He's lost a ton of weight and body fat. I have some big life changes coming up, (moving/grad school), and want to be in a good (physical) place by the time I go.

:)
  • sugarfoot928
    Options
    I've successfully completed insanity 3 times. It's the best workout ever & so worth it stick with it!!!
    before joining this site, i lost over 25lbs & dropped 2 (juniors) jeans sizes from insanity!!

Tips & advice:
    stretch stretch stretch!
    drink a lot of water.
    if you can't keep up with the people on screen yet, look at the move then turn away. that can discourage some people..do your own personal maximum, don't let them influence you.
    high protein diet.
    make sure to eat enough calories....1200 is way to low. aim for 1700 to be honest.

idk if you've heard of shakeology? well i don't use that BUT i buy a whey protein shake from GNC and thats my breakfast mixed with skim milk every morning after insanity (also have some sides, like banana, pb toast, egg whites ETC)

to get your calories up there enough, eat 6 times a day. 3 main meals and 3 small snacks. also helps keep the metabolism moving.

good luck!!

I am on Week #2 and just discovered I am eating way too little calories. ( I am only eating 1200 a day.) How many calories should I be eating if I am 5'1" and just under 130? Also, how do you know how many calories you burn during the workout?
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Just started second month and I am sore but I love it! I am in pretty good shape and within a healthy weight but have lost about four pounds and about 5 inches.

You can do it!!! Just do the best you can and keep at it!
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options

Tips & advice:
    stretch stretch stretch!
    drink a lot of water.
    high protein diet.

good luck!!

I am on Week #2 and just discovered I am eating way too little calories. ( I am only eating 1200 a day.) How many calories should I be eating if I am 5'1" and just under 130? Also, how do you know how many calories you burn during the workout?

You need to buy a heart-rate monitor to determine your calories burned. I got a polar Ft4 off of amazon for around $55, it works because it'll go with the ups n downs of your heart. each day could be a different burn. i'd highly recommend it. 1200 is way to low aim for 1500 at the least. :)
  • fatbutgettingthinner
    fatbutgettingthinner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Use the harris-benedict equation but in sum, you will need to eat more than you normally would and eat 5 times a day. :-)
  • vmessberger
    Options
    I'm a big girl like 200+ and iv lost 6.5 pounds in 1 week but I have been working hard at the gym 3 times this week burning every calorie and more than I intake in a day.
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've done day 47 this morning.

It's such a good programme, but super tough.

Sometimes you won't want to do it, but if you can push through you'll feel so good that you did.

Such a massive change in my body in a relatively short time.
    As someone else said, concentrate on your form, it's virtually impossible to keep up with the machines in the routine for everything.

Do your best, and push as hard as you can, and you WILL get results.

Also, eating enough is very important, you need fuel for the madness.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options

Tips & advice:
    stretch stretch stretch!
    drink a lot of water.
    high protein diet.

good luck!!

You can go here http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ it will give you a list of calories to eat based on your activity level. If You do that you would eat the same amount each day and not eat back your calories. I am doing 1700 a day.
  • yamagirl19
    Options
    Hey All

I completed month one a few weeks back then I did a week of Cardio Balance and Recovery. Now I have re-started month one b/c my fitness level has improved and I am pushing harder than ever before. If you need a friend or chat I'm here.

Insanity is insane..... I love it......
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options

Tips & advice:
    stretch stretch stretch!
    drink a lot of water.
    high protein diet.

good luck!!

Thank you! Good info!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hey best of luck with Insanity! I love it and still do it today. I have done a few rounds and hyrbrids of it :) It's awesome!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reading... During my first month of Insanity I lost about 3-4 lbs and about 4 inches. I have now finished the second week of month 2 and seem to have gained back about 2 and no measurable loss otherwise. I am not that concerned about a few pounds I just thought I would see amazing results during the second month since I saw results during the first month. Other relevant info... I am 4'11, 115 at a fairly healthy weight with toning to do. I think I am eating about 1500 calories, the program recommends I eat more but I am just eating healthy when I am hungry. I know a HRM would help but it just isn't in the budget right now. Thanks sooo much for any ideas! Have a great day!
  • bmbush30
    bmbush30 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 7 on Monday. I love this program. So far, I'm down 20lbs and 2 pants size. I will definitely do another round of insanity. I want to get better results.