Newbie!

Options
I started using this website and the app about a month ago. I would love to get some inspiration and helpful weight-loss tips!! I'm not sure what I am doing so any advice is welcome!

Replies

• b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hello, you can add me as a friend if you want!
  • yamagirl19
    Options
    Hi There

I'm here if you need me. I have struggled with my weight all my life I go up and down. 3 years ago I lost about 40 LBS as I carried it around for many years. Right now I am stuck and I am trying to lose more weight. My weight goes up and down and it's so frustrating. I workout and am active but I love to eat. Food is almost like an addiction and I tend to binge eat. But I have recently started insanity the workout program and my eating has been on track all week. If you need a friend, add me,
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how helpful and inspirational I will be, but this is what worked for me. :smile: My main issue was portion control. I went out and bought smaller plates, and a food scale. I was shocked at what I was eating compared to what I should be eating. I eliminated white sugar from my diet. I now put a teaspoon of honey in my morning coffee instead of heaping amounts of sugar. I started making my coffee at home instead of going to Dunkin Donuts. This way I am not tempted by the donuts, bagels etc. I am a nurse and I work 12 hr shifts, 7a-7p, so I bring my own breakfast and lunch. I used to get something at the cafeteria, but I have to admit I would make poor choices. I get my breakfast and lunch ready the night before I work. Planning ahead is key for me. If I go to a restaurant , I look it up on-line to see what meal might fit into my calorie count. A lot of restaurants have nutritional info. of their meals on-line. I like to cook so I try different recipes. I can't eat the same things everyday. Too boring. When I do cook, I make extra for work, or for when I get home.

A little info. about me. I'm 5'5", single, 48 yrs old. My starting wt. 212.5, goal wt. 132 lb. I've lost 31 lbs since Jan 1st( a bet with my boss). I eat 1500-1700 calories a day. I'm starting to get into an exercise routine. Just my treadmill( 30 minutes, 4x a week). I don't deny myself anything, just make sure I portion it and log it.

Good luck on your weight loss. Just be patient, and don't be too hard on yourself if you slip-up now and then.