Purchasing an elliptical....need suggestions

Options
kimcat73
kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
Hi there, I am saving up for an elliptical in my home and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for brands or types I should look for. I probably won't spend more than $500. Any suggestions? Thanks, Kim

Replies

• oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i got a fantastic one for about 199euro, shop around, before you buy, you can get a great one for less than $500 :flowerforyou:
  • keppick
    keppick Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I always go to Consumer Reports before laying down major cash. They are online although you do have to subscribe to check out their ratings. Let me do a quick check.....
    Here's some of their lower priced ones that have an okay rating. Most of the best models were around $1000 - $2000. These are around $500. You're shooting for the LOW end models.
    NordicTrack E5 si
    Kettler CT 307 Verso
    Gold's Gym 510

Here's a few they said don't buy because there are safety or performance issues.
    Stamina 1725
    Stamina 1772
    ProForm Stride Select 2

You can get more info from the website: consumerreports.org
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Try Craigslist. You can find some great deals, just be careful and aware when using craigslist - take someone with you if you decide this is the way to go...

I got a home gym for 175 and it's awesome....
  • proctor0828
    proctor0828 Posts: 179
    Options
    Try a whole sale store... I bought mine from a wholesale and SAVED. I bought mine for 450 and it was going for 900 at Sears.