ZUMBA.......

Options
Gonna try it tonight for the first time....I love to dance salsa and merengue and actually anything :laugh: is it like that? dancing? or more like aerobics......I'm really excited...I normally run for my exercise so I'm thinking this will be fun!

would love to hear what those who've tried it think of it....:drinker:

Replies

• vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba class it is so much fun! It really worked out my mid-section and thighs. I don't go anymore, but would love to if there was something that fit my schedule :)
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    This is the first I have ever heard of it! It sounds fantastic!!! Can you only do it at a class or do they have videos? We live in a small town that doesn't have ANYTHING!!!! So, no place that offers fitness classes or anything....
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I've heard nothing but great things about Zumba! Go for it!!!
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    I will be Zumba-ing tonight! I love to do anything dancy, and I think that is why I love Zumba. The music is fun, the moves are fun and you sweat a lot!! haha :laugh:

I do think much of it will depend on your instructor(s). They could make or break it. The videos, eh... not so great. My instructors mix zumba/latin music with some top 40 stuff you hear on the radio as well. Enjoying the music is a must too!

I hope you love it! :drinker:
  • FINALLY4ME
    FINALLY4ME Posts: 643
    Options
    oh thanks guys! and yes Tiff you and Sara warned me about the tapes and the right instructors....I hope they can jam!:drinker:

I love good music and it makes a huge difference in my exercising too.....ie...good song....I get pumped....bad song....I get pooped....:ohwell: :laugh:

I'm really excited and I'll let you know!

thanks again everyone!
    hugs!:flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA is awesome. It's a great workout with lots of moves, but like anything with dance, everyone has their own style, which is what makes it so much fun. My instructor says you burn 600 calories, although I'm usually around 500. But the time flies...Have a great time.
  • jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options
    Zumba is the best! I've been going at least once a week for the past year and some change. Think of it like line dancing with a combination of hip hop and latin. Hahah, and LOTS of bootyshakin'. In a one hour class, I burn between 600 and 750 calories! I'm going to take it as a regularly scheduled class next semester and I am extremely excited for it. So, just to warn you - it's highly addictive!
  • lpadilla75
    lpadilla75 Posts: 154
    Options
    I find its more aerobic.