The scales not so bad....

Options
tayblay1
tayblay1 Posts: 35 Member
I've been on mfp since march, but eating fairly clean and going to the gym at least 4 days a week since December....I was getting really discouraged because I hadn't ACTUALLY lost any weight, just the same 2lbs that I would gain and lose randomly. I started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred last Monday and was planning on staying off the scale until day 30 because I've seen multiple posts saying you lose inches more than weight on this program. I finished level one today and took my after picture and I was discouraged again, still seeing no difference. So I thought what the heck, the scale can't make things any worse...I was absolutely thrilled when I stepped on and it said 150!!! I was in shock in January when my dr told me I weighed 155-- heaviest in my entire life, and also considered obese for my height since I am only 5'4, and prior to starting 30ds I would bounce between 155 and 153. Even though I see no difference, SOMETHING must be happening and I am ecstatic!!!!

Replies

• Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    great start. Keep up the good work.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Good job!

155 isn't obese at 5'4" though - it's just overweight. Obese starts at 175 (I'm also 5'4" and striving to be just overweight lol)
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • tayblay1
    tayblay1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good job!

155 isn't obese at 5'4" though - it's just overweight. Obese starts at 175 (I'm also 5'4" and striving to be just overweight lol)

Good to know! The snooty nurse at my drs office told me I was in the obese range (I knew I never liked her!)
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    Congrats on that. Keep up the good work. The funny thing is they will tell you are too heavy even if the scale has changed when they do not know your past. Be proud of you and to heck with them!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Good job!

Good to know! The snooty nurse at my drs office told me I was in the obese range (I knew I never liked her!)

I hate that kind of thing! I know it's just a word, but there is a big difference (both physically and mentally) in being obese vs. just overweight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!