Hi All..

Hi, I am just joining today because recently hit the big 3 5 and as 40 looms nearer, am at my heaviest ever.. :o( - 202 lbs and 5' 4" - so really needed to do something.

So this morning went to the gym for a 30 minute session on treadmill, and 10 minutes at the stationary rower. As this is the office gym, we dont have any instructors around, so didnt do any of the weights. Will start slow and stick to the 3 gym sessions a week and possibly build up on that.

Food wise, have taken out the refined carbs and sugar, will try hard to not use sweeteners, rather, get used to life without added sugar. As of lunch today, however, I seem to only have 272 calories left for the rest of the day (to stick to the 1,200 calories.)

Ideally, would like to go down to 132 lbs - but yikes! That's like 70 lbs away!!!!!!!!!

How did I get to be THIS big??? I really don't know what happened but need to get some semblance of control on the weight issue. Looking forward to doing this together with everyone here.

Replies

• ida4872
    ida4872 Posts: 8
    Hi, I am just joining today because recently hit the big 3 5 and as 40 looms nearer, am at my heaviest ever.. :o( - 202 lbs and 5' 4" - so really needed to do something.

So this morning went to the gym for a 30 minute session on treadmill, and 10 minutes at the stationary rower. As this is the office gym, we dont have any instructors around, so didnt do any of the weights. Will start slow and stick to the 3 gym sessions a week and possibly build up on that.

Food wise, have taken out the refined carbs and sugar, will try hard to not use sweeteners, rather, get used to life without added sugar. As of lunch today, however, I seem to only have 272 calories left for the rest of the day (to stick to the 1,200 calories.)

Ideally, would like to go down to 132 lbs - but yikes! That's like 70 lbs away!!!!!!!!!

How did I get to be THIS big??? I really don't know what happened but need to get some semblance of control on the weight issue. Looking forward to doing this together with everyone here.
  • LitlKoz
    LitlKoz Posts: 24 Member
    Welcome ida!
    Sounds like your trying to get on the right track. If you have only 272 calories left by the end of lunch it sounds like your eating way to much for breakfast and lunch. What I do is for breakfast I have a Slim Fast Shake and some fruit around 10am (cuts the cravings down). Then lunch I try to keep it to maybe a salad w/ just lettuce and fat free dressing and a sandwich, something simple. Then by dinner I have much more calories to enjoy a good meal and maybe ice cream later! I usually don't eat in the afternoon between lunch and dinner and I always keep water with me and sometimes drink diet soda but only maybe 1 a day.
    Hope this helps! Keep tracking what your eating on here, you will learn what the good and bad choices are.
    Good luck!
  • EHBRown28
    EHBRown28 Posts: 33 Member
    Hi Ida,

I'm new too - just started last Wednesday, but I'm already seeing some success - which fuels me forward to keep going with it! I've lost 5 pounds since last Wed. and I am on the 1200 per day plan.

I've found a great breakfast that is low cal. Two eggs, which we boil for 6 minutes (to a soft boiled egg) over one slice of whole wheat toast (no butter, bummer! :-) )That, with coffee and I use real sugar, but less than a tsp. and real creamer, but use 1 TBS is only 254 calories. Because of the protein, I am not hungry until lunchtime.

Lunch has been a salad, with the 'regular' raw veggies (cucs, carrots, radishes, red onion) but I add sliced deli turkey breast and add walnuts. Not sure exactly the calories, but it is LOW!!! Oh yea, vinegar and EVOO extra virgin olive oil. (Sometimes, I use lemon juice instead of oil.) With these kinds of meals, I can eat MANY dinner choices!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

EHBrown