I need to tone up my inner and outer Legs. Tips anyone?

Options
I have lost about 110 pounds but my inner and outer legs need toning. I hate squats and lunges LOL, any other tips??

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges!! haha. seriously, they're the best.

wall-sits are also good.

I also do leg lifts with a weight bar - let the bar rest on the inside of your foot to work inner thighs, and on the outside of the foot to work the outer thighs.

also, kettle bell swings.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    adduction and abduction, I use the machines for squats, but also spend a life time with a kettle bell.

Good luck!! If you find a magic pill for that let me know please.
  • natashawoodford
    Options
    honestly i know they suck but squats and lunges are the best, also leg raises, try starting with running and cycling to kinda get the muscles working, but for real results those squats is definitely the way to go. They do get easier in time :)
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've been doing squats and lunges.

You know, I think I own a Kettle Bell, I actually forgot about it until I read itgeekwoman's post. I'll guess I'll be trying that out now...

9821387.png
  • las5529
    las5529 Posts: 15
    Options
    weighted squats and lunges!!!! they stink but they are really the only way then and flat surface running! you can also lay on your side mermaid style lift both legs off the floor and then raise the top leg up and down about 10-15 times. then bring them back together still raised, hold for 5 seconds then release. Once you hit the floor bring both legs back up again, slightly raise the top leg and bring the bottom leg to meet the top again about 10-15 times bring them back together still raised hold and release. then flip over to do the same thing on the other side! you can also do leg circles, lying on your side, raise one leg up while the other is bent and move the raised leg in clockwise and counter clockwise circles about 10 times(5 each direction) then repeat on opposite leg.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    adduction and abduction, I use the machines for squats, but also spend a life time with a kettle bell.

Good luck!! If you find a magic pill for that let me know please.

Does the kettle ball really work? I'd like to invest but I really want to know it works first! Thanks!
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges are the best- I love squats, so I know there are lots of variations out there to try. However, I hate lunges, so I recommend trying yoga- as many positions incorporate these exercises but you don't of it as straight squats/lunges... or at least I don't lol.
  • jbrookeh
    jbrookeh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pilates has a few moves that are great for thighs. Side Bicycle kicks and leg lifts.
  • pitbulllover
    pitbulllover Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What about for someone with bad knees??? Every time I do squats and lunges my knees hurt so bad... same with stationary bike. Elliptical and walking and even jogging slowly doesn't bother them though, maybe because I don't have to bend them quite as much. I'm hoping as I lose weight it'll get easier, but I also don't want to mess my knees up more than they already are.
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    run. a lot. lol :tongue:
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    squats and lunges... do em till you love em!! believe me. i like to do wide leg, plie and pulses for squats too.

other than that, i do tons of leg lifts, kick backs, step ups, deadlifts and calf raises. i also do a crap load of cardio :)

good luck!
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    pitbulllover, try Pilates. There are some great moves there that work the inner and outer thighs that are low or have no impact to the knees. Yoga would be another option.