do you ever read someones trackings......

Options
and think its a lie, or a stupid thing to track..........

or am i just being a a**hole

i see some things and it irritates the hell out of me, that someone would track certain things, or you see something, and you can tell it doesnt seem tracked right

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I think I could answer if I had a clue what you are talking about.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about their food diary, or something else?
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think things look a little off, for example you're on the treadmill for 5 minutes and you burned 250 calories lol, but I give them the benefit of doubt (maybe they're doing it on super high intensity), but I don't particularly have an opinion on miniscule logging like warm up stretches (which I myself log... hey 10 calories!) Assuming you're referring to exercise trackings.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    5,000 calories vacuuming?..............seem legit :laugh:
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    10,000 sq ft house? :laugh:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay attention to be onset.

As far as food goes I try to track everything so someone might see a piece of candy or my copious amounts of alcohol that's consume on the weekends. Sometimes I will track house cleaning if it's an intense clean and I sweat.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay attention to be onset.

As far as food goes I try to track everything so someone might see a piece of candy or my copious amounts of alcohol that's consume on the weekends. Sometimes I will track house cleaning if it's an intense clean and I sweat.

^ Agree with this.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    and you even care because?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I think the thing that annoys me is seeing when someone tracks something like calcium. If they are that worried they don't get enough take a vitamin.
  • ImSoPerfectlyFlawed
    ImSoPerfectlyFlawed Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    5,000 calories vacuuming?..............seem legit :laugh:

:laugh:
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    This is why my diary is private.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I feel that way when I see someone has put in cutting the grass with a ride lawnmower as exercise. I dont know why but it makes me nuts.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    My sister owned a bar and every cleaning person she hired ended up stealing from her, so I started doing it. I have continued to do it every 2 weeks even though she sold it.

The entry in the database for cleaning says that I burn over 1000 calories if I'm there 3 1/2 hours, which seems like a lot. I don't have an HRM so I go by the entry. It's 3 1/2 hrs of really intense cleaning, heavy lifting, and almost the entire time is spent mopping and changing out mop water (lifting a full mop bucket twice every 10min or so), so I'm pretty sure it's a legit calorie count.

So, yeah, some things might seem ridiculous...but ya never know.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I don't judge because I don't want to be judged. I am not here for that. I am here for support and the great tools this site offers for free.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I think the thing that annoys me is seeing when someone tracks something like calcium. If they are that worried they don't get enough take a vitamin.

O.o and why would this annoy you?

Calcium is important in bone strength, bone density, helps prevent osteoporosis, possibly reduces blood pressure, and many more things. Something that would be a good thing to track if you aren't getting enough since not everyone wants to supplement.

Or maybe they should just trackz teh sodium cuz not the evil water weightz!!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    You have 18 friends. I think the one you're referring to might catch on.
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My sister owned a bar and every cleaning person she hired ended up stealing from her, so I started doing it. I have continued to do it every 2 weeks even though she sold it.

The entry in the database for cleaning says that I burn over 1000 calories if I'm there 3 1/2 hours, which seems like a lot. I don't have an HRM so I go by the entry. It's 3 1/2 hrs of really intense cleaning, heavy lifting, and almost the entire time is spent mopping and changing out mop water (lifting a full mop bucket twice every 10min or so), so I'm pretty sure it's a legit calorie count.

I must be tired because I read this as you started stealing from your sister, and continued to steal from her every two weeks. Glad i figured out that you were just cleaning the bar.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Two things I've seen have stood out to me:

Logging 300 calories' worth of "chewing gum." No, not in the food diary -- under cardio.

And wait for it... wait for it... "So-and-so burned 9715 calories doing 2110 minutes of cardio exercises."
    I spent quite a bit of time wondering how they could have worked out for thirty-five hours in a single day, and came to the conclusion that they possess a Time-Turner.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options

HAHAH! NEVER! It DID read like that though. Oopsie!

I must be tired because I read this as you started stealing from your sister, and continued to steal from her every two weeks. Glad i figured out that you were just cleaning the bar.
  • newmrswood
    newmrswood Posts: 194
    Options
    I do have a friend on here that puts ridiculous calorie amounts burned!!! I honesty think they either do it for attention or set their life activity too low and counting everything they do.