17 Day Diet..

Options
For the people who haven't read the book... The 17 day diet is a diet/life style of 4 cycles! The first cycle is the most limited and hardest to follow, but its only 17 days. Then the next cycle is a little bit easier and so on... If you are still not at you goal weight by the 3rd cycle just start 1-3 over... Most results are 10-15 pounds first cycle 6-7 2nd cycle and 3-5 3rd cycle..

Anyways the main rules of the first cycle are unlimited proteins and veggies.. only allowed 2 fruit servings low sugar fruit (berries apples, peaches,plums, etc) also need daily 2 probiotics ( yogurt, etcc) Drink lots of water!! and allowed green tea too nothing else. NO CARBS after 2pm! exercise just 17 mins a day.. ( I will pry do more though) First thing in the morning lemon water!

QUESTIONS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ON OR KNOW ALOT ABOUT THE DIET
1. Do probiotics count as carbs since they do have a significant source of carbs..
2. is any yogurt a probiotic and how much sugar is too much in the yogurt??
3. ALSOOO would love to hear results people have had..

Replies

• msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    QUESTIONS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ON OR KNOW ALOT ABOUT THE DIET
    1. Do probiotics count as carbs since they do have a significant source of carbs..
    2. is any yogurt a probiotic and how much sugar is too much in the yogurt??
    3. ALSOOO would love to hear results people have had..

1. Yes but the probiotics you have should be low carb/sugar. Get PLAIN greek yogurt - it only has 6-8 grams of carbs per big cup. Even though the probiotics have a little bit of carbs, since you are only have 2 servings of probiotic per day its balanced. I think one of the main messages I've learned from this is moderation and smart choices when it comes to carbs.

2. Yes. In my opinion, too much sugar in a yogurt is anything over 10g per serving. Activia Light or Carbmaster yogurt from Kroger are the only other yogurts I feel are "best" when it comes to sugar count, besides the plain greek (which I add fruit or sugar free preservatives to).

3. I am blogging about it and just finished Cycle 1. So far happy with the results and feel this is very sustainable. If you search on "17 Day Diet" in the community Search function, you will find tons of hits w/people who have had good results.

Best of luck!
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have had great results on 17 Day Diet -- i started Nov 1st and in just under 6 months i have lost 75 pounds.

I use to eat chobani yogurt with the fruit but have recently stopped and now just buy the plain greek yogurt because of the carb and sugar in the fruit kind. i add strawberries to it or use it to make smoothies
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 and my "pouch" is gone. My lower abdomen is so flat it makes the middle look huge. Not sure if it's less inflammation from reducing refined sugar or the elimination of wheat, but I don't care. It works. I am not following to a tee because I put a banana in my breakfast smoothie, but I'm still happy that the lower ab area I have been pulling and tugging at is quickly becoming a non-issue.

I don't do the 17 day diet exercises too much. I'm doing S90, so I'll see how the combination goes.
  • charlenr35
    Options
    HELP!! Please clarify the yogurt. I am just starting and I got fat free greek yogurt..