only 5 miles today :(

Options
vanimami
vanimami Posts: 433 Member
Sorry guys, I just have to complain. I got up to work out this morning and planned on running 6 miles, but I didn't have it in me, so I only ran 5 :grumble: Last week I was doing 6 w/ no problem, in fact I could have run for FOREVER, but just not today! Oh well, I was only a mile away and 5 miles is still something. We'll see how well I do tomorrow :smile:

Replies

• truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey, 5 miles is GREAT! That's just how running is... one day you feel like you could go forever and the next day you feel like you have cement for legs! :laugh: Congrats on getting out there!
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with TrueDecember, there are definitely good days and bad days when you run . . . however, the bad days can be infinitely frustrating and I totally sympathize! Haven't gone yet but I'm hoping today will be a good day . . .
  • jajapolce
    jajapolce Posts: 1
    Options
    I think 5 miles is great. I can barely get to 2 miles. Running isn't easy. Wish I could run as far as you.
  • super007
    super007 Posts: 23
    Options
    Running is great. However, please make sure that you are doing one day running and the other day weights and stretch. It is important to work out other muscles of your body as well as let the worked out muscles rest a bit.

This way you will loose more weight and have the energy to continue reaching your running goals consistently. Continue doing a wondeful job!
  • elliss2004
    elliss2004 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. One day after I had been to eat Mexican food for lunch, I thought I just couldn't make it to the gym. I forced myself to go but I couldn't keep up with my normal pace on the treadmill and all I could attribute it to was the type food I had eaten that day. Lots of things affect our performance. Still 5 miles! WOW! I can't even run 1 mile.
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    5 miles is definitely great! Have you considered the weather keeping you from 6? The heat seems to be taking a toll on runners around here. I've moved my show indoors because a few degrees really does make a difference. Good luck!
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    yea, it was one of those days where I couldn't do it, but oh well. Yes I do alternate between other work outs and stretch, I just like to continue to reach the same distance as I did the run before. It couldn've been the weather :huh: , not sure though. Thanks for the support guys :flowerforyou: