cheese....

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I stopped eating PopTarts, but only because I enjoy a bagel with cream cheese or an English Muffin with Nutella a lot more, and both are more filling and less calories than Tarts.

But mostly... the time I wasted playing Farmville before is the time I spend running or lifting weights now.

what's funny is I only started eating pop tarts since I found MFP :laugh:

And that's how nature always finds a balance... :laugh:
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    I haven’t cut out anything. I now eat in moderation and stay within my daily calorie count.
  • feistyhorsegal
    feistyhorsegal Posts: 109 Member
    haven't read all the replies, but I think trying to cut out something completely if you love it, is setting yourself up for failure. I've switched to low fat cheese varieties, and control the portion size. I've cut back on cheese, yes, but will never completely deny myself it. I still even have a little brie occassionally. YUM.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    I could never cut the cheese.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    I cut out pasta and rice. Its only once a very blue moon that I will have them. I'm working on cutting out soda, I'm down to just one 7.5oz Pepsi Max. I dont want the caffeine withdraw headache. Few more days and no soda, it will be sad but I can do it.
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 229 Member
    I would love to cut out diet soda. I was doing well at the beginning of the year and hadn't touched the stuff in months, but I'm slowly drinking a few cans a week again. It just tastes so much better with food than water, even with Mio! :sad:

I cut out soda, including diet soda. Diet soda really did a number on me. Problem is, I love the fizzy. My boss bought me a sodastream machine for Christmas and now I get my fizzy water. I used to add flavorings, but now I prefer it plain.
  • Love4MN
    Love4MN Posts: 60
    I love cheese I do not think I will ever give it up! just eat it in moderation!
  • lollypop_ginger
    lollypop_ginger Posts: 69 Member
    I've recently cut out most cheese and all bread, cut down on rice and pasta and switched to brown/wholewheat. I haven't noticed a real difference on the scales yet (it's only been a week) but I feel a whole lot better and I'm hoping that this and changing my workouts will help me bust out of a plateau!
  • lollypop_ginger
    lollypop_ginger Posts: 69 Member
    I LOVE :love: cheese, I've stopped buying blocks of mature chedder though, 'cause if it's there I just pick at it. I have mozzarella and feta now, still have pizza, cheese on pasta, just a heck of a lot less! (I'd grate a huge portion of cheese as I was cooking, pick at it till it was nearly gone then do some more.........)

I used to do that too! I find myself doing it with other things now but it's usually slices of cucumber or something similar!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 479 Member
    The only thing I cut out was soda. Everything else I just eat in moderation or have found a healthier version of. I love chips, but really have to watch my sodium so I found Lightly Salted Fritos...they taste exactly the same and literally have HALF the sodium of any other chips out there. I drink fat free milk now instead of whole milk. I switched to dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. I found a 50% reduced fat cheese that I use that only has 70 cals per serving. Its all about sustainability. If you love cheese I wouldnt suggest cutting it out altogether.
  • I've cut out all caffeine and carbonated beverages. I only drink 0 calorie drinks with the exception of adding a splash of milk to my iced-decaf coffee. Otherwise, it's all 0 calorie Vitamin Water, Propel Zero, etc...

For me, it's really too easy to drink my calories, so this has made a huge difference. For me, it's best to cut some foods completely rather than trying moderation. I have found that if I cut some things completely then most of the cravings subside, but cheese is a tough one. I haven't felt compelled to cut it out of my diet.

In terms of cutting out sweets, it's been easy to bypass desserts and candy since I'm eating protein bars (Zone Perfect) that are usually chocolate coated. So, I don't feel deprived of sweets at all.
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    I have cut out pop and most processed foods. If I am cooking (which is most always) then I make sure what I am feeding my kids is fresh or frozen real food. More then cutting anything out I have just opened my eyes to new things to add into my diet like different veggies and fish... :)

Instead of cutting it out entirely why not designate a meal a week to cheese? That way you get your fix in something delicious! :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Nope.

Experts show that cutting out something you love is a BAD idea.

Mentally, physically, diet-wise.

Just eat a small bit of cheese daily. Mozzarella sticks are considered a healthy snack (the organic ones). Only 80 calories typically.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    I cut out full sugar coffee. Now I have coffee with just sugar free faux creamer. I hope to one day move to tea.
    I love the mug in my hands. Maybe when I move to Germany I'll start there. I won't have my coffee maker we would have to buy one.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    I couldn't deny myself all cheese. I have changed my cheese habits though. Small amounts of Parmesan, feta or other goats cheeses are allowed. I grate comté so I can spread it thinly and only use a little. Blue cheeses are awesome cause you only need tiny bit to get the flavour. 5g of roquefort in my sandwichesdoes no harm :)
  • I cut out soda, but I will still have one every so often.

Same here! It has made a HUGH difference.
  • Thanks to everyone for your input!!! I definetly like the moderation idea then cutting it out completely. Going to try it....

Thank you again! I appreciate all the help and support
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    White bread and butter. Made a difference on the scales and took away my cravings for more bad carbs.
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Lol that's way funny!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    I stopped eating white things, sugar, white flour, white rice. Made a huge difference in my life. At that time I lost 65 lbs. I'm trying to get back there again. Problem is, one little bite and it's like you ate a 65 lb cookie!! :(
    Ditto here, which for me suggests: stay away as much as possible.
    :-)

My doc says "If it's white, it ain't right". Which is a little awk because I'm white and he's not. I like giving him a look when he says it. It's fun :)

Mine tried that so I mentioned onions, cauliflower, turnips, parsnips and a bunch more that I kept thinking of the entire visit.

He hasn't said that again.