Anyone tried the spartacus workout?

Options
I was reading about a workout called the spartacus workout on the Men's Health website. I was wondering if anyone had tried it, and if it really works. My hubby is thinking about working out w/me and this seems like it would be his kind of thing. Just wondering if it's worth the time, or if it's just a fancy name :D Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out. Thanks!

http://my.menshealth.com/workout/The-Spartacus-Workout-2.0

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    what is you're husbands goal?

It's pretty much a HIIT routine.

WIll help with overall fitness & creating a cal deficit. Not an optimum way to build strength but if he is a beginner then it would probably be sufficient.
  • parteegirl01
    Options
    what is you're husbands goal?

It's pretty much a HIIT routine.

WIll help with overall fitness & creating a cal deficit. Not an optimum way to build strength but if he is a beginner then it would probably be sufficient.

He's wanting to lose some weight and gain back some muscle. He's not working construstion anymore and the results of sitting at a desk are starting to frustrate him :( He's basically a beginner, since he hasn't worked out in a loooong time.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    HIIT is tough exercise so I probably wouldn't jump straight into it.

I'd start with watching the nutrition (can't out exercise a bad diet).

Do some light cardio to get some activity.

Start a basic strength program like starting strength or stronglifts.

If he wants to, do some HIIT stuff at the end of a strength session for some extra cals burnt.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Looks like an easy version of BodyRock.TV back when Zuzka was the host. I say go for it, just make sure you use proper form!