To do or not to do...?

Options
Hi all

How important is it to log in your exercise calories that you burn every day?
It seems that when I log them in, I still have lots of calories that I have not used for the day.
I'm talking about at least 200 cals.

Thanks Silvana :smile:

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you net daily?
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    When you log your exercise, you have extra calories to eat becasue you need to eat back those calories that you burned.

MFP already creates a calorie deficit to help you lose weight, so if you are eating say, 500 calories less than you used to, and then burn off an additional 200-300 more with exercise, you may end up not consuming enough.

View your body as a vehicle and food as it's fuel. When you burn off calories with exercise, your body needs those replaced so it will run efficiently.

Also, if you are having troubles eating all of your calories each day, there are tons of foods high in calories that are good for you like nuts, seeds, peanutbutter, even a glass of milk will take up 80-150 calories for one 8 ounce glass.
  • urbanchic
    urbanchic Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I net about 1000 cals
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you only eat 1000 calories? Because that is not enough.
  • urbanchic
    Options
    isadoraworkman ... that is correct.
  • urbanchic
    Options
    amymeenieminymo...thank you:smile:
  • urbanchic
    Options
    amymeenieminymo...thank you:smile:
  • WillyG
    WillyG Posts: 80
    Options
    You need to fuel your body with the appropriate foods in order to exercise and lose weight. If you are not consuming enough calories, you are depriving your body of the necessary nutrients required to keep you healthy.