pickles?

Options
2»

Replies

• jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am definitely addicted to pickles. So bad that once I eat ALL of the pickles ( I don't like to share them lol) I actually drink the juice...YUM!

i do too!!!! i try not too but sometimes you run out but your not done with the delicious pickly flavor. :) yum yum!!!
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    ugh just seeing the word pickles makes me gag and feel a little sad. i used to love pickles but when I was pregnant, that was, almost literally, all I ate. I miss loving them :laugh:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    So many people eating pickles lately! LOL What's up with that... ? I just bought some for this week for sandwiches. Mmmm. Not too bad on sodium if you only eat like 2 of the thin sandwich slice kind. :)
  • jbug5j
    Options
    Damn, now I want a pickle and I have none. :sad:

*shares virtual pickle*
    :flowerforyou:
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am definitely addicted to pickles. So bad that once I eat ALL of the pickles ( I don't like to share them lol) I actually drink the juice...YUM!
    I used to looove to make popsicles out of the juice!! I think they sell them too!
  • superdonna
    superdonna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love the sliced ones in a sandwish or on cheese and crackers. mmm...
  • jbug5j
    Options
    I used to looove to make popsicles out of the juice!! I think they sell them too!

WHHHAAAATT?!?!! i did not need to hear this lol. now i have to try not to do that. lol that sounds delicious!!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    i will eat about 7 whole pickles. not the GIANT ones but the normal ones. it makes my sodium equal like 5000 plus for the day. im not giving them up because 1 pickle is only 10 calories and they are filling. just curious if anyone else likes them and what they do about the sodium. i drink ALOT of water. like 9-12 cups a day

5000 is pretty high - that's well over the general recommendations for most people so you might want to keep an eye on that.
    Going overboard on any food isn't a good thing, what about mixing it up with some pickles and some others things to snack on at the same time - I like cherry tomatoes and celerty sticks to chomp on.

For the person who eats a whole jar of "zero calorie" pickles - be aware that the reason they are labelled 0 cals is because there is only a small amount of calories per serving and your laws (i'm guessing you are in the US) let manufacturers get away with saying 0 if it is a small number. If you are eating the whole jar then you wil be getting calories - not a lots, but certainly not zero either.
  • anniebeeee
    Options
    ah I love pickles. I don't know if could give them up.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    picture2pb.png
  • jbug5j
    Options
    picture2pb.png

hahahahahaha!!! nice!
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    LOVE PICKLES!!!! :heart:

I used to even eat them fried with ranch on them! I go ahead and eat them anyhow, regardless. I already gave up chips, beer, pizza delivery, all other fast food. A few pickles are nothing.
  • jbug5j
    Options
    LOVE PICKLES!!!! :heart:

I used to even eat them fried with ranch on them! I go ahead and eat them anyhow, regardless. I already gave up chips, beer, pizza delivery, all other fast food. A few pickles are nothing.

thats what i think. i tried going without them and didnt have any for a few weeks. the first one i ate last night was like heaven and my brain went "see? your happy with these EAT THEM!!" lol
  • MrsLynnOwens
    MrsLynnOwens Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love them. They took me over my sodium goal twice then I stopped eating them. When I eat one, I eat two...then three...then four lol :smile:
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I loooove half sour pickles. Nom nom nom.
  • Jesusfriend
    Options
    lots of sodium intake makes me swell thats why I try to consume 1 pickle not too often I love them too something fierce but I also watch the sodium in everything I eat not just pickles can veggies too thats why I buy frozen veggies the juice in the can holds lots of sodium :) hope this helps some
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    Damn, now I want a pickle and I have none. :sad:

*shares virtual pickle*
    :flowerforyou:

Thanks. :smile:
  • CLShrader2
    CLShrader2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if its Vlassic or Mt Olive but one of them have Low Sodium pickles now!! I saw it at the store the other day and almost grabbed a jar, but I already have 2 regular dill jars here.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Guess you're talking about Gherkins (Dill Pickles) here ?

I'm not keen on them but I sometimes have a pickled egg with my Fish & Chips - loverly.

Pickledeggs1.png