Movie popcorn

Options
2»

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    for a large, it probably is close to that high if you are eating the entire thing and adding butter. so get a medium. hold the butter if you want. but popcorn is absolutely a must for the full movie experience. it's worth it.
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    https://getsatisfaction.com/amc_theatres/topics/amc_why_no_concession_nutritional_information_available

"While buttered popcorn is definitely a treat, that 1600 calorie number is inflated and not at all true. The following is the nutritional information for our small, medium, and large popcorn without any buttery topping:

*Small - 225 Calories, 11g Fat, 26g Carbs, 3 g Fiber, 5g Protein
    *Medium - 434 Calories, 20g Fat, 49g Carbs, 6g Fiber, 9g Protein
    *Large - 664 Calories, 31g Fat, 75g Carbs, 9g Fiber, 13g Protein

Information is a bit harder to provide on the buttery topping since it is self serve, but for every second you hold down the automated pump you can approximate 120 calories and 14g fat. "
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    they don't check in new jersey....we've brought in Chipotle...Hagen Daaz (back when I used to eat dairy). Hell we could probably bring in a whole pizza, if I actually liked pizza (eck...nausea inducing thought)
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    https://getsatisfaction.com/amc_theatres/topics/amc_why_no_concession_nutritional_information_available

"While buttered popcorn is definitely a treat, that 1600 calorie number is inflated and not at all true. The following is the nutritional information for our small, medium, and large popcorn without any buttery topping:

Information is a bit harder to provide on the buttery topping since it is self serve, but for every second you hold down the automated pump you can approximate 120 calories and 14g fat. "

automated pump? OMW so people drizzle hot butter over their popcorn? Where are you from if I may ask? Does it even taste good?
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options

automated pump? OMW so people drizzle hot butter over there popcorn? Where are you from is I may ask? Does it even taste good?

I just googled this. I was trying to give the OP something to compare to.
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hehehe I know I'm the OP, I will just set aside 600 KCal for the movies tomorrow :) and load up on vegetables for supper and all the healthy things :)
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It an error...movie popcorn is like a days calories!!! Yikes, it was on the news the other day also! Stay away from it :$
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    Outside food isn't allowed but if you bring a big purse or bag and put your snacks in, no one will check.

this

I'm normally a strict by the books kind of girl, but I do draw a line here. I know someone who got "caught" with airpopped popcorn and they outright told the person that if the theater wanted their business the outside popcorn stayed or healthier options needed to be offered.

I have hypoglycemic issues when eating straight popcorn and always carry some nuts in my purse to go with my popcorn. It would be a health issue NOT to.
  • delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    you don't go every night so just enjoy the treat ,if feeling guilty after you and the boyfreind can work off the extra cals
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I still sneak in my own foods. Usually dried cereal or a protein bar, I have even snuck in baby carrots. I also bring my own drink. 1. I don't drink soda and 2. I refuse to pay $3 for a bottle of water. If they catch me, so be it. As if I am the first one to do this. :tongue: