Juicing!?!

Options
shanae727
shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
What do you think about it? Any success stories? Which juicer do you use?

Replies

• kkrondon
    kkrondon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I've ever lost weight doing it but it does help me get my fruit/veggies in. I use the Jack Lalane power juicer.
  • shanae727
    Options
    THANKS!
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I juice but never exclusively. It is as part of a healthy diet, and try to use only organics if at all possible.

Look into an Omega Vert 350HD. They are extremely easy to clean and use, which is important if you want to stick with it.

My favorite juices typically include a couple cups of baby spinach, cumcumber, parsley, carrot and an apple. Yummy and good for you.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    juice fasting.

1. unrealistic for sustained weight loss
    2. inbalance of macronutrients, too many carbohydrates
    3. wont fill you up with all liquids, probably will overdoo calories
    4. only way i can see it being used to benefit yourself is doing it for a week to show yourself that you have discipline when it comes to food and will probably clear out your bowels thus have weight loss that has to do with clearing out waste but not actual body fat.
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have just bought a Philips HR1861 and have been using it for the Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead Green Juice at Lunch time but I'm starting it fully on Tuesday 1st. May. Hoping to do it as long as i can but we will see how it goes..
  • dmf80
    dmf80 Posts: 60
    Options
    The Breville JE 98XL. It's $150 but if you check in on foursquare at bed bath and beyond you get a 20% off coupon for any 1 item which saves you $30. Making this model the same price as the model below it. More power, more juice! I use it twice daily and absolutely love it. Carrots and celery are the base for everything. Fruits in morning (higher in natural sugars) and veggies at night. You can make your own bloody mary mix which is 100% better than any store bought mix, guaranteed (or your money back)!
    not valid in AK, HI, or TX.
  • shanae727
    Options
    juice fasting.

4. only way i can see it being used to benefit yourself is doing it for a week to show yourself that you have discipline when it comes to food and will probably clear out your bowels thus have weight loss that has to do with clearing out waste but not actual body fat.

Who said anything about juice fasting?
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    The only people who "juice" I know are overweight. There's nothing healthy or successful about drinking the sugar water from your fruits and veggies.
  • shanae727
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will be checking on a juicer VERY soon!
  • Lieberm
    Lieberm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like a fair amount of juice, even juice fast occasionally (for Christian disciplinary reasons) but as stated above the sugar content is disproportionate. Moderation is the key.
    I researched juicers and couldn't justify the cost of a quality unit (masticating). I use a food mill when I make my own, the downside is that it's all cooked. Low sodium V8 is cheap enough for my limited juice needs.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    juice fasting.

Who said anything about juice fasting?

what does ur question pertain to just using a juicer like once a day or something?