Just Joining

Options
Hey fellow mfp users,
I've attempted this for most of the time since I was about 13, the earliest I was allowed into the gym. I have been a gym rat, borderline anorexic, tried acai pills, done biggest loser dvd's... I am not stupid, lazy, or incompetent...except apparently when it comes to weight loss. The lowest adult weight I can remember is 180, the highest was after freshman year of college (so cliché, I know) when I was up to 230. Going to Europe for a semester was a godsend, and I am now 200, aiming for 150.

I live in an odd version of reality. My town has a very distorted version of healthy and skinny, so much so that scales have sign-up sheets and size 6 is quite large. I do not prescribe to these views (I actually think most girls here are gross) but I do want and need to lose weight. Even when I'm at 150, I will be large in comparison.

I have joined this site because I think what was missing from my past was support. Yes, my parents love me and want me to be healthy, but I think you'll understand, that's just not the same. I'm also a very shy person and don't want to bring this shameful issue up with even my closest friends. I hope I can make some new ones through discourse on my blog and get some good advice too.

Good luck to you, my friend. To quote from one of my favorite pre-teen movies, "Watch me shine."

Replies

• emailz
    emailz Posts: 5
    Options
    To quote one of my fav teen movies "BRING IT ON"...what plans do you have to improve your diet and exercise? Do share, we'll help you along
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You will get all the support you need here! Way to go! Good luck to you!
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! I'm also at about 200 lbs right now. Feel free to add me if you'd like! :-)
  • blissfulgirl20
    Options
    Hi guys, I am looking for friends as well. I'm 32, mom to a 4 YO, and trying to lose 15 lbs
  • KathrynJo3
    KathrynJo3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for responding! I've sent everyone a friend request so we can all support each other.

To emailz: Well I've actually been trying very hard to lose weight for awhile, so my exercise is as good as it's going to get while I'm still at school. What needs to change is my diet. I have horrible cravings for chocolate where I just can't stop thinking about it. It's pathetic really; i'm a slave to it! I guess my first goal will be to cut back on my sugar overall and control my chocolate cravings until I don't have them as much.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Heyy feel free to add me. I completely understand the feelings.

I don't like to talk about it with my friends because they umm...dont understand and I feel stupid saying it. But this site has helped me and is def inspiration!'

Good luck
  • fatskinnyemma
    Options
    i can totally understand you, although i am 57 kg and want to become 52 kg..
    it's very hard for me to lose weight, but now i'm at the gym and i exercise at home, i try to eat healthy and so on..
    i Know it might sound a bit but i really want to lose 5 kg and it's so hard.
    FEEL FREE TO ADD ME, i would be so Happy if i had someone that motivates me (and that i can motivate :P) and WHO shares their goals with me !
    Greets and good luck to you all!