Whats your exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I try and run every day, walk for 40 minutes on my lunch hour and in the afternoon I try and do yoga, kickboxing class and/or pilates. I'm trying to get into spinning and swimming as well for the afternoons. I also take my dog for a walk/run for about 2 miles in the evening. On the weekends, I try and play tennis and ride my bike.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    www.exercisetv.com

Lots of free, fun workouts for all levels. I've been really enjoying the 20 minute "cardio tease" workout.

I've always lost the most amount of weight with a 45-60 minute daily walk, but I really don't enjoy walking for exercise...if I walk I like to stroll and check out the scenery. I'm not big on sweating in public.

I like doing aerobics at home because I can happily look like a fool in my livingroom. :smile:

www.exercisetv.tv not .com :smile:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I do karate three times a week - they are two hour classes and we try to vary our routines. Also tai chi once a week. But I do feel a bit lost on the other three days. I walk the dog but it doesn't seem enough. I just got the 30 day shred so I'll give that a try.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi- I walk 5 miles a day. I also swim 1.5-2 hours a day. I do 100 + squats and pushups 3 times a week and I do upper body weight training 3 times a week. Cindy :heart:
  • nfl1
    nfl1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I swim 12 laps of breast stroke, 7 of side stroke and 5-6 of backstroke, plus 45 min of various pt strength exercises in the pool 3 days a week.
  • ozarkcontessa
    Options
    I love my WII...:love: . for my birthday next month I have requested the new exercise wii "game" for lack of a better term. I have the fitness wii and used it diligently for months when I FIRST got it, but like most things exercise related... I got bored... so now with the new option of the exercise wii... I can mix it up more. :tongue:
    The one thing I know about me.... I HATE to exercise... so it better be fun to do. My youngest daughter has been taking me for a walk at night... yes I meant taking me... because if she didn't say Mom.. you know your doctor said to do this... I wouldn't do it... I am hoping my mental attitude will say we are going for a walk together....
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    P90X -- four rounds almost done. LOVE it!! :heart:
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Chaleane Extreme, I did P90X before that. I also do some running three times a week.

Whatever you decide to do, have fun doing it, dont make it a chore.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I mix it up. I make a playlist for the day and dance around my living room for about 30 minutes, every other day. Hubbs and I take walks sometimes, but right now it's too hot for me to go outside. I'm on medicine that makes me overheat in a NY minute.

On the weekends we try and take Saturday and do something active. Going to the zoo for the whole day, or going to the lake and swimming all day.

I have trouble doing exercises that are stationary because I feel like it's pointless. I'm not getting anywhere :)
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    ARCTRAINER by Cybex. My company just opened a huge new gym and I use the ARC trainer. Amazing results! I burn 20% more calories in about 1/3 less time. This has helped me increase my cardio time and results. Plus, I'm using the hip adductor/hip abductor machines, and core, core, core!!

This is in addition to the other stuff I do, weights, 20 minutes of walking at lunch (it's getting too hot for that now), elliptical and recumbent bike when it suits me!