Famous people you have not recognised

Options
newbeetler
newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
So we have had the famous people you have met. So I wondered who you have met but did not recognise until it was too late.

I personally have been stood in a line watching people ask the 7ft 1in black guy behind me for autographs not having a clue who he was with him looking at me and smiling as if to say "Don't you want an autograph"

It was only afterwards we worked out it was Shaquille o'neal

So who have you seen and then kicked yourself when you worked out who it was too late?

Replies

• frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The captain of the England rugby squad was in the bar next to my work yesterday. My boss nearly had a fit. I didn't have a bloody clue who the guy was!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Micheal Klim.

Australian Olympic swimmer.

I was walking towards him and I knew I knew him from somewhere, but I thought it was from work or something. I smiled and waved thinking "I know you from somewhere".... His responding wave was "I have no idea who you are".

It wasn't until about 10mins later that I realized WHO he was.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Greg Norman the golfer. I was in a lift/elevator with him once, didn't have a clue who he was until my friend said "don't you know who that was???" pmsl
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    There was also the English football defender Sol Campball

Saw him walking up the street. Smiled and said to him

"Excuse me, you place for England don't you".

His Response : "No I am definatly not Sol Campball"

My Response : "Pleased to meet you definatly not Sol Campball. Have a good Tournament in a couple of months".

I walked off laughing my head off.
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Suzie O'Neil. she used to come into my work all the time and i never realised who she was until my manager asked her for her autograph. i knew she was familir, but i couldnt place the face. i think she enjoyed people in the area just not caring about who she was.

one of my friends was perving on Ryan Gosling in new york without realising who he was. and then she freaked out ahahah.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Quite a few UK soap 'stars'. They live in my area & shop where (unitl today) I worked. As I don't watch soaps I never had any idea who they were till I was told. & even then I really didn't care. Shrug.
  • Nix_
    Nix_ Posts: 94
    Options
    Boris Becker - I was coming home from Vermont and there was this guy standing there having his photo taken, and I was on the phone to my mam telling her there was someone famous here, but i didn't know who he was, apparently he plays tennis? ooops.