Competative

Options
Last year me and a group of friends had a competition on FB to do pull ups. There was a handicap for age and weight. I was 35 at the time. I started off with 4 pull ups and at the end of 6 months was at 16. I was stronger than the 14 year old me. And it was not a bad number for a guy that weighed 250 pounds.

This year I am looking for a group of people that love to compete and are willing to do a summer challenge (push up, sit up, dips). The challenge would be from May to the end of Aug. Each rep will be one point, there will be a handicap for gender and age. The most you can do in 3 min.

Now for the people who don't have a dip bar you can use a saw horse.

Replies

• GurvD
    GurvD Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lift weights at the moment so I am not sure I could fit in the competition. I thought you might be interested in this. http://hundredpushups.com/ I tried it last year and I saw big improvements. At the end of the program I managed 70 consecutive push ups when I made my attempt at 100. I started on being able to do 30 push ups though.
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lift weights at the moment so I am not sure I could fit in the competition. I thought you might be interested in this. http://hundredpushups.com/ I tried it last year and I saw big improvements. At the end of the program I managed 70 consecutive push ups when I made my attempt at 100. I started on being able to do 30 push ups though.
    I'll check that out
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge & friendly competition. i am currently working my way up to 20 consecutive pull-ups on rings. I can knock out 8 good ones so far. My challenge is usually to do 5-4-3-2-1, then hold it for 15 secs after the last one. I try to do 2-4 sets of these several times a week. It's amazing the results that you get.

Funny thing, I can do the rings with no problem, but when my PT put me on the bar, :noway: :noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: