Major heel pain after running

Options
13»

Replies

• idlose
    idlose Posts: 16
    Options
    i would also say PF because i have been a long time sufferer of that as well. another possible cause may be a bone spur. i went to my local shoe repair/cobbler here because the mass chains just dont know much. but i got some really good insoles and they are heat molded, also he beveled out a small spot on the heal incase mine was from a spur as well...now that i have been wearing them, i no longer have PF. it took a LOOOOOOONG time to heal tho, constant stretching and massaging it. also, wear shoes at all times (except in bed). no more barefoot until its gone. i looked up taping on youtube, and used ice too. good luck
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Also, I wanted to add 4-5 times a week is maybe a bit much for a newbie. I just started in January myself, and I run maybe 2 or 3 times a week. My vote is for plantar fasciitis, as well. He definitely needs to back off the running for a little bit until he can get it figured out. Best of luck!
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Also, I wanted to add 4-5 times a week is maybe a bit much for a newbie. I just started in January myself, and I run maybe 2 or 3 times a week. My vote is for plantar fasciitis, as well. He definitely needs to back off the running for a little bit until he can get it figured out. Best of luck!

He has seen great results, and was more concerned with the endurance to finish the race well. However, because of some of these ailments, he has backed off quite a bit, and is listening to his body. He has only ran twice since this began a week ago.
    He had no problems with running that much until a week ago.
    The original knee issue os from something else, not the running.