How Do I Avoid Weightloss Plateau

Options
I am noticing now that I am fluxuating on the scales from week to week I could loose a pound then next week up a pound. Finding it hard to get pass the mark. Any suggestions on how to surpass that plateau point?

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    A plateau is an extended time at the same (or close weight). A week of fluctuation might just be what you ate or luckily for us women, that time of the month.

According to what I have found online and discussed with my MD and nutritionist, there really isn't a way to avoid them. Everyone doesn't get them but many do. Often they are just resting periods that your body needs. As soon as it realizes that it is in no danger from the weight loss it will continue to go down.

I just got off a month plus plateau that was frustrating but I held steady and didn't change a thing. My MD said the worst thing I could do would be to change my calories. Exercise changes are fine but your body gets used to calories it is given so he said not to go up (or down) any and just hang on and it will work itself out.

I have now lost about 3 lbs in 3 days so I guess it was just saving it up and now dropping it quickly for a day or so.
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    I have always been a firm believer in continually changing and rotating your workouts around. Keeps the body guessing and when the body is guessing, the body is burning. You do the same routine, the body already knows and so it's burn slows down.