rest day for insanity

so today is suppose to be my day off for insanity and i am going to take a break. I was wondering though i usually go to the gym most days, should i skip that too? I'll go a little lighter and just do 30-40 minutes of light cardio, no running or anything just get my heart pumping for a bit. Do u think this is ok? or should i take a break from all exercise?

Replies

• kooldill
    kooldill Posts: 21 Member
    take a rest day give your muscle time to rest
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Take a rest day unless you absolutely can't stand not working out. It wont affect your weight loss :)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Take a full rest day. Enjoy a slow walk outside, or some yoga if you feel like you have to do something. That's what I do on my rest days from Insanity.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    i always take my insanity rest days! i need them! i would say if you are out with friends or walking or something that woudl be fine but i definitely woudln't throw extra workous in there.
  • SJScobie
    SJScobie Posts: 63
    Hey

I'm having my rest day today....not going to gym, having a chinese and a glass of wine 2nite! I have my pedometre on all day whilst out, running about after my tiddlers and doing housework so thats enough of a workout for me! lol

Have a rest! You deserve it! :)
  • ok ill take a rest day and just go for a short walk or something. I just kind of feel lazy when i dont do anything. But i dont want to overload my muscles, i've been working out a lot lately. less than 2 months before my sisters wedding so im working extra hard to get down 10-12 pounds before June 23rd
  • twhit24
    twhit24 Posts: 13
    I'm doing P90x and usually do sneak something in on my 'rest' day. Something very light though. I'd say listen to your body, if you're exhausted take the day off. If you feel up to a little activity then go ahead and do it. Only you know how your body feels.