Need to drop 100+.. am I the only one?!

Options
I have been using MFP for about a month... I have moments where I eat what I'm supposed to and moments where I dont... sometimes I just don't think I'll ever get this done!! I had a tough week and the ticker that once said 7lbs lost is down to 3.. I have SO much to lose and for some reason I just can't find the motivation to keep it up?! Work, stress and life in general just get in the way!

I want to be healthy, find love, get married, have kids... why isn't wanting all of that good enough?!
Please tell me I'm not the only one!!! How does everyone find balance to work full time, live and workout?!

Replies

• forsettii
    forsettii Posts: 29
    Options
    Waves,

For years I worked in the middle of the night. I delivered the Newspapers (For almost 20 years), at one point I was drinking eight 20oz Mountain Dews a day. I gained weight to the point I was almost double my high school weight.

People asked me how can you do it? I told them one day at a time. Honestly, I have no idea looking back, but looking forward.

For one, I don't mark down on the scale every day I look at it. 2 pounds can be water weight from putting too much sodium into your system.

Two I try to eat what I was eating before. Granted this changed when I measured the cereal and milk into a bowl and found out that Bowl of Lucky Charms cost me 500 calories. (Which scared me to death).

I still drink 1 - 20oz Mountain Dew a day. But granted I pay for it in other ways. I walk that extra mile to do so. But I want to feel normal at the end of the day. [I trick my body into thinking I am drinking it more by refilling the bottle up with tap water, at least it makes me feel better].

Every now and then my knees hurt from walking so I change and ride my bike. Try to park out further in the parking lot so it is a longer walk in getting more steps.

Just remember it took you X years to get where you are today. You are not going to be a size 0 in two weeks and keep it off, it is the lifestyle changes you make. Your food choices. And sheer willpower to say "No thank you".
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    If anyone goes into weight loss, especially 100+ lbs saying it is easy, don't believe them. It is the hardest work I have ever done. I obsess about what I will eat the next day as I have to make it and make sure my macros are all correct. It consumes at least an hour a night. That doesn't even include the exercise.

A few things I can offer advice on:
    - Restrict sodium and be mindful of the carbs you eat. Donuts not a health food (ummm, donuts).
    - Weigh everything
    - Get enough vitamins (if not from food then take a multivitamin, fish oil an vitamin D at a minimum)
    - Do not leave your food to chance. Pack your lunch for work and don't forget it. If you do have backups. I keep protein shakes in my desk.
    - Cheat days are not worth it. You are not a dog, find non-food rewards.
    - Coffee breaks at work -- walk around the block or building. You don't have to do all your exercise at one time you can break it up.
    - Out of calories and still hungry? Check your veggie consumption. Up that to fill you up with few calories.
    - Stressed -- go for a walk or to the gym. It will make you feel better.
    - You likely won't lose every week. Don't give up hope. It may be the rotation of the earth throwing you off for all you know. Might not have been something done "wrong".
    - Believe you can do it and that you are worth it. Everyone one of is.