Protein (whey) Powder

Options
I have decided on the nights I have Zumba I can't eat a full meal - it makes me sick with all that jumping!

So, I am going to have a protein shake on my way home from work which will give me energy, keep me full, and time to digest it enough that I won't get sick.

This leads to my question - what kind of protein powder should I get? I've never had it before and have heard it's really chalky.

Brands? Flavors? Recipes? - All suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Thx!

Replies

• Ddubs22
    Ddubs22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Reenie! I think "on the way home" might cut out a bunch of choices. A smoothie in a blender, I found, is the best way to get protein down. I like using yogurt as a protein source rather than a powder. And you can pulverize anything in a blender - I had raw spinach this morning and couldn't taste it!

There are shaker bottles, but I haven't found any that taste good with water.

Will check back to see if other people have good tips!
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    your probably going to get a hundred different ideas on this one, first off I just want to say protein isnt really a source of energy when compared to carbs at any rate, protein powders these days are delicious, syntha-6 which I DONT reccommend anyway is like a snack it feels like cheating personally I think Optimum Nutritions stuff is on point I use the strawberry its good as hell with just water