Heck-to the-yeah.

Options
I haven't had much to brag about as far as my physical condition in quite some time. I've actually been pretty ashamed of my physical conditioning. So here it is. I did the first day of the first week of the Couch to 5K program and didn't die. I didn't breathe hard. I didn't scream. I didn't freaking quit. I kept on and it seriously didn't bother me that much! I know it doesn't seem like much, but a month ago I wouldn't have been able to run at all, let alone train for a 5K. I am so proud!

Replies

• ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    You go girl.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • BriaBaBe27
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job! I read this post and I seriously thought you could be one of my friends. I care so much about her and she used to do band camp in the summer, too. I wish she would make the decision to get healthy, but nonetheless, it brought a smile to my face to read about your success! Great decision for yourself and congratulations!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    So I started in January and did 2 minutes, then 5 minutes, then 8 minutes then kept continuing. I did 60 minute on Saturday and am training for a half marathon in September. Where you are now and where you will go is up to you. Join us over in the runners club section under fitness. We have beginners and graduates of the C25K program! Good luck!
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. It means so much to me as far is motivation is concerned to hear and see people supporting me in my goals to get healthy. I'm determined to focus and work hard on getting into running. I loved it as a kid and I still enjoy it. Thanks so much again!
  • rowie
    rowie Posts: 75
    Options
    that is so encouraging! i just started the c25k today, and im hoping i can stick with it too. i felt so good after that 20 minutes, and so proud that i had finally started (ive been planning to do this program for weeks now). we can both do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!