Sonic not good for me

Options
Well wife and I went to watch grandson play baseball last night so ran late to get dinner. I try to stay within calorie intake and most days stay real close. We decided yo go to Sonic for some quick food and just my regular meal unknown to me added up to more calories than my daily goal all by itself. Not sure how everyone feels but that is definitely a no fly zone for me. I am just sharing incase someone else gets in that predictament of running late and thinking of stopping for fast food. I should have just gone home and fixed me a pork chop and mixed vegetables.

Replies

• mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sonic just did me in yesterday, too! Husband was really wanting a chilli dog and ice cream and it was his birthday. Luckily, I went on a 3 mile run earlier. But yeah...fast food is killer! I think I've only been to Sonic like 3 times in my life. And I've gotten good at cutting out the others quite a bit.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Sonic is one of the hardest, but I do like it. If I end up there, I get the grilled chicken sandwich (390 calories) and if I am worried about it being too much I take off half of the bun. You can get apple slices (35 calories) and if you feel you must have a side, stick with the small tater tots (130 calories). I got an app on my phone called Fast Food Nutrition just to make it easy when I pull into a fast food place to quickly research my best options. Good luck! And, here's to smart choices! Mary
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's possible to get lower-calorie fast food options. Wendy's chili is very reasonable. Most fast food places have their info online, so if you have a chance to look it up before you go, you can make better choices. (Of course that isn't always possible if you're looking for something quick.) I don't know what Sonic offers that might be lower calorie, because there's no Sonic in my town... :sad:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Sonic is wonderful.. I'll have a large ocean water and BLT hold the mayo please!!! If you are usually within your limits, try not to be so hard on yourself. Just do reseach and know the better fast food options to avoid pitfalls in the future. Just jump back on your usual routine today, and I'm sure you'll be fine and will not have done any real damage to your fitness journey :flowerforyou:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    There are just times when that Cherry Limeade craving hits, I'm sure the tall drink itself is 400-500 calories, but it's so delicious. :bigsmile:

Thank goodness for "everything in moderation".... those breakfast toasters are the bomb, too.

Mostly I just avoid Sonic. The one near me actually stopped serving their grilled chicken sandwich, so it's like.... :ohwell: Can't even feign being good unless you want a dry, boring salad.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    There are just times when that Cherry Limeade craving hits, I'm sure the tall drink itself is 400-500 calories, but it's so delicious. :bigsmile:

Thank goodness for "everything in moderation".... those breakfast toasters are the bomb, too.

Mostly I just avoid Sonic. The one near me actually stopped serving their grilled chicken sandwich, so it's like.... :ohwell: Can't even feign being good unless you want a dry, boring salad.

That's funny - our Sonic quit serving salads! I do the cranberry diet limeade ~ yum!
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, on the very rare occasion I'll have a Sonic chili cheese tots in lieu of lunch. Only on Saturdays, when I usually eat a super late breakfast anyway, and very rarely, but they're so good! DH and I will also split an order of mozzarella sticks. It satisfies the craving for salty, greasy food.

But yeah, their burgers will kill you. There are as many calories in a regular sonic cheeseburger as in a McDonald's double quarter pounder with cheese. But they're soooo good.