Any C25k Success Stories?

Options
2»

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I began C25K in November a year and a half ago.. I finished it in about 12 weeks (I had to take a few off, my daughter was hospitalized in a coma).. I immediately after began training for a half marathon. I lost a total of 46 pounds, and went from a 14/16 to a 4/6 jeans. My stomach is the flattest its EVER been! Since then, I've been adding weights to train for a Warrior Dash, and have put back on 10 pounds of muscle, but still wear the same size jeans. I still love to run, and it's still my go-to cardio of choice.
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My 1st Half Marathon today... Started C25K in November 2011!

It works and it was easy to follow. Barring any injuries or setbacks, it is pretty easy to complete!

Just don't look too far into it... Running 30 minutes seems like a daunting task now, but look at it incrementally... add 30 seconds here, add a couple of minutes there. It's really not that hard if you don't mentally over think it!

Have fun with it- running is great, burns calories like crazy, lowered my blood pressure- I feel great and am doing things I never thought possible!
  • Hev_uk
    Hev_uk Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just finishing the programme at the moment. On week 8 and have done 2 days so far. I struggled through the early weeks but kept going and now I can run the 2.75 miles for this week, I genuinely enjoy and look forward to it and I've lost 12lbs in the process (combined with eating better and some swimming and kick-boxing but the running is my main workout). I now run up and down the hills round my house without worrying I won't make it (although it's still hard) and I'm signing up for a 5k when my exams are over.
    Basically, I had never run more than a mile in my life before starting C25K and now I can run 2.5 comfortably. I plan on keeping going with 30minute runs over the summer and then start the bridge to 10k programme. I can feel a difference in my stamina when walking as well and I feel healthier and happier. All in all, I love running!
    Plus my 30minute programme burns around 400cals according to my HRM which is more than any other activity I do. I would definitely recommend C25K. Do stick at the early weeks properly and enjoy it
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I started C25K in March of 2011. I had just gotten to a 30 minute workout and had a heart attack. It was a slow road back, but I kept at it until I had knee surgery in December of 2011. I just couldn't break that 2 mile barrier without pain. Finally, on March 25th, 2012 I ran a 5Kin 31 minutes.

You can do it!
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Wow these stories are amazing, I cant wait to begin. =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!