starbucks passion tea lemonade lovers!!

Options
CristlNothem
CristlNothem Posts: 54 Member
So i know many people that have the same addiction as I do. I love to go get a venti passion Iced tea lemonade. Yum!! $3.50 and about 400 calories later i am always so discouraged, because that is a whole meal right there just from one of my favorite drinks.
To help my situation, both caloric wise, and financially i decided to make my own at home. It costs about $7 dollars to begin with, but it makes 6- 2 quart containers total. The best part of it is...ZERO calories. It is not an identical taste, but pretty freaking close and now i don't crave Starbucks anymore

1 packet of crystal light lemonade (the size that makes 2 quarts)
3 packets of Tazo passion tea (found it at target)
1 teaspoon orange extract

heat up 3 cups of water. Place the 3 tea bags in the water and let seep for 15 minutes. pour the tea, crystal light packet and orange extract in a 2 quart container and fill up the rest of the way with water. Stir and place in the fridge until cold.

I love it best poured in a glass of ice. Yum

Hope that this will help some of you out there to get over your craving too!!!

Replies

• Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Passion Tea Lemonade can be also be made on a "single cup" basis by brewing 1 tea bag in 3-4 oz. hot water, steeping for 5-6 minutes. When finished, pour over tall glass full with ice. Squeeze in juice from 2-3 lemon wedges (more or less lemon juice to make to your liking). Sweeten with your choice of sweetener. To keep cals low I use Stevia in the Raw. =)
  • CristlNothem
    CristlNothem Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i just like making it in the large amount. I keep a pitcher of it in my fridge so that i have something to turn to instead of a soda. I have a hard time drinking straight water when not working out
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love iced tea. It's my "go-to" drink in the summer. =) You should try making the Tazo Refresh tea iced and slightly sweetened. So freaking good!
  • bmkxox
    bmkxox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    commenting so i can locate this post later.
  • ProjectMe73
    Options
    Haven't tried this with the orange... But I will now! One of my favorite drinks to begin with.