Crispy Peach Cobbler

Options
PinkShoes
PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
This is soooo yummy!!! You'd never guess that it's low fat! I don't pair it with light Cool Whip as the recipe suggests. Instead, I pair it with a little bit of Vanilla frozen yogurt! Yum!
Also, instead of sugar, I use evaporated cane juice sugar. My mom's boarderline diabetic so I grew up using this in recipes. It's sugar that isn't processed and bleached - so it's natural sugar cane from the earth. It tastes like the sugar everyone's used to (maybe a bit less sweet) and you use it in the same ways that you would use white sugar.
Another note - I kept the peels on the peaches. I thought the cobbler turned out great this way!
Enjoy! :smile:

Ingredients
2 Tbsp butter (I used Smart Balance)
7 fresh peaches, peeled, sliced and pitted
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. all-purpose white flour
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup 1% milk

Directions
Butter a 9x13 baking dish, about 2 Tbsp. Place sliced peaches in the buttered baking dish. In a bowl, mix sugar, salt, baking powder, flours, cinnamon and milk until you have a doughy consistency. Spoon over peaches. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until dough looks brown and crisp. Serve with a dollop of lite cool whip.

Number of Servings: 12

Nutritional Info - amount per serving:
•Calories: 158.2
•Total Fat: 2.3 g
•Cholesterol: 5.7 mg
•Sodium: 104.2 mg
•Total Carbs: 34.3 g
•Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
•Protein: 2.2 g

133914.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmm! sounds good!
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    this sounds super delish ! :flowerforyou: Thank you- Cindy :heart:
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My husband was just asking me last night to make peach cobbler for July 4th. I was trying to find a good low calorie recipe and now I have one! Thanks.

210557.png