Hi My Name is TJ

ladyonamission
ladyonamission Posts: 5 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I have been a fitness pal member now for over a year now, but I just took the inititive to get on the message board. I am looking forward to chatting with others about the one thing we have in common and that is weight lost goal. A little about me, In Jan. 08 I was diagnois with hypertention and decided that I was going to beat this disease by changing my lifestyle which would consist of me changing my bad eating habits, and add exercise in my life regularly. I started out weighing 200lbs. in less than four months I was down to 178 lbs (down 2 pants sizes) I was feeling strong, confident, boost in self esteem the works. Guess I got a little too cocky and thought I was too cute and started slacking up on the exercises and started incorporating my bad eating habits again. Needless to say by the following winter, I gained ALL my weight back.
Now that it is Summer 2009, I am back in the game again, :smile: and this time it's for keeps. :wink: I learned so much from my first lifestyle change, I surely won't make the same mistake again. And to add a little incentive for myself. Last week I had a breast reduction. :happy: which is something that I wanted and needed for a long time, because no matter how much weight I lost in the past I was never able to loose the breast. It's only been a week since my surgery, but I feel great already. I went in the hospital weighing 200 lbs one week later I am at 193 lbs. :bigsmile: which most of the weight lost came from changing my diet, no acolhol, fast food or high fat foods. I try to eat a high fiber diet that consist whole whole grain, fruits and veggies, and plenty of lean prtotein, mainly turkey, chicken breast, tuna, and fish. and I eat in moderation. Though I can't do any full body exercises right now, I walk and do lower body exercises, like lunges, squats, lower ab crunches. Okay that's enough for now. I look forward to chatting with a lot of you soon, pls post any replies or questions that you may have. I log in daily, several times a day. chow

Replies

• punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Hi There! congrats on your weightloss so far,thats fabulous!!!! And WTG for getting back on track!:drinker:

Good Luck and Hope to see you around:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    :flowerforyou: welcome back
This discussion has been closed.