Crash and BURNNNN!!

Options
2 weeks ago today I started my gym routine of 5 days a week at 5:30 a.m.. Can anyone help me out on why for the last two weeks I have been CRASHING at about 10:30?!?! I get sooo tired and just BLAH. This has been every single morning since I started the gym. I used to NEVER get tired at work. Now, I am struggling to keep my eyes open!! I need help!!

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Are you going to bed early enough and eating a good breakfast?
  • Pneeleysmom
    Pneeleysmom Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I go to bed at about 10:00 p.m. So, I am getting about 7 1/2 hrs of sleep. When I get to work after the gym is when I eat breakfast. Honey Nut Cheerios and Strawberries...
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is that you're having something of a sugar crash because that breakfast sounds really sugar-heavy. You might try something higher in protein; if your workplace has a microwave, you could try packing a breakfast burrito or something like that, if not, perhaps add some nuts or peanut butter to your current meal.
  • Pneeleysmom
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is that you're having something of a sugar crash because that breakfast sounds really sugar-heavy. You might try something higher in protein; if your workplace has a microwave, you could try packing a breakfast burrito or something like that, if not, perhaps add some nuts or peanut butter to your current meal.

I will start this first thing! Eggs and bacon maybe?
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Ya I would recommend something with protein. Eggs with veggies and some toast? (Can not forget the carbs) Or eggs with oat meal. I also like to drink some chocolate milk and have some oatmeal or toast with that.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Oh and Yes to Bacon! I love Bacon! :love:
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Take a B complex vitamin with breakfast. Always works for me.
  • mlarocco2017
    mlarocco2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You may need a post work out protein shake.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I would skip the protein shake & simply eat an egg or two, I pair mine with some veggies and sometimes I cut up a Morning Star breakfast "Sausage" patti. It's so yummy the patties are only 80 calories & have like 10 g of protein!
  • Pneeleysmom
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am going to start this new routine A.S.A.P!