Men, what are your favorite woman's perfume/body spray's?

Options
dmanning0819
dmanning0819 Posts: 93 Member
I usually wear Victoria Secret's, Love Spell, but wanted to know a man's take on this. Please and Thank You!

Replies

• cglyfer
    cglyfer Posts: 119
    Options
    Aromatics Elixier.....:heart: IT!!!!!!!
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but my hubby only lets me ONE perfume and ONE only because it drives him nuts! He loves it so much....or maybe just loves the fact that I'm wearing it???? LOL!

Calvin Klein Euphoria.
  • Mikelobov
    Mikelobov Posts: 44
    Options
    I may be the minority here, but if I notice a smell, good or bad, it pulls me out of it. So I guess I prefer none.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering how much men really know about women's perfume anyway. Do they really have favorites, or is it more of an "I know what I like when I smell it," kind of thing?
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering how much men really know about women's perfume anyway. Do they really have favorites, or is it more of an "I know what I like when I smell it," kind of thing?

I've had guys ask if my perfume is Coolwater by name. They know some smells. They definitely know some Victoria Secret smells too. Been told by a few that Love Spell is their favorite.

I prefer Pure Seduction by Victoria Secret, Sexy Little Things and Very Sexy. Then of course Coolwater.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I like the body lotion Japaneese Cherry Blossom.

Also Vera Wang, by Vera Wang.

My first time.....a hundred years ago....the girl was wearing Obsession. It still takes me back to that day.....:heart:
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    When I wear Aeropostale's "Promise Me" I get more compliments from men. It's so inexpensive too, who knew? :bigsmile:
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Armani Code
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options

I've had guys ask if my perfume is Coolwater by name. They know some smells. They definitely know some Victoria Secret smells too. Been told by a few that Love Spell is their favorite.

Every guy I've dated has loved Coolwater Woman. They were all very different type guys too so it seems to be a crowd pleaser.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    AXE bodywash or spray, you can get it at Walmart or Feebreze/Bounce dryer sheets
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I wear Vera Wang - lovestruck and princess and the Rio Rumberry body spray by bath and body works. And for summer days where it is really casual, I wear the pink grapefruit spray by bath and body works.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    The only perfume I've ever owned is Chanel N 5. It hasn't failed me yet. I'm not a man, but there you go anyway, haha
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Light Blue
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Marc Jacobs ~ Daisy Eau So Fresh
    Gucci ~ Flora

Having said that I can't really remember a time when I didn't find any scent nice on a woman unless they drowned themselves in the stuff requiring the use of a gas mask.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Ralf Lauren, Romance. Nuff said.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Well, I tend to not believe that there is such thing as a masculine or feminine scent. It's more about the power of marketing and the ability to sell something to a particular crowd.

With this in mind, my scent catalog does have a few marketed towards women: Jo Malone's Lime Basil & Mandarin and Santa Maria Novella's Melograno. The former is citrus-y like it sounds. The basil is the least prevalent of the scents so it isn't overpowering. Great to cycle into a summer mix. The latter doesn't really smell like it's namesake [pomegranate], and the best way I can describe it is that you have to smell it to understand it.

That said, my favorite scent on a woman is whatever scent she wears daily. Perfumes and colognes should never be worn in excess; only wear enough to be smelled in an intimate situation, whether you are leaning in for a kiss or leaning in eavesdrop what she's reading on the Metro.

There are scents that I associate with women that I have known. When a scent becomes synonymous with a person, that is just a fantastic thing.
    -wtk

Postscript: My "everyday" cologne is John Varvatos. On particularly cold or clammy days I might wear Ralph Lauren Double Black. The two mentioned above are lighter and make for fantastic summer scents for day that you're not stuck in the office.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    My wife has one particular perfume that drives me (good) crazy. I don't know the name of it, though.

But everyone's particular body chemistry is different, so what smells completely awesome on one person might just smell "nice" on another. So try different perfumes to see what works best with you.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    AXE bodywash or spray, you can get it at Walmart or Feebreze/Bounce dryer sheets

May I suggest the Downy Lavender Vanilla dryer sheets? They're divine.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Pure Grace by Philosophy - so clean and soft. And, it lasts all day - DH can smell it on me when he picks me up after working 9 hours!
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

May I suggest the Downy Lavender Vanilla dryer sheets? They're divine.

:laugh: