Foods you THOUGHT were HEALTHY but GAINED WEIGHT!

Replies

• gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    chicken and rice from a hawaiian plate lunch place.........almost 1000 calories and i was alloting myself 400!!!!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Foods don't make you fat. Excess calories make you fat.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    HUMOUS!!!! was so annoyed when i found out it was really bad for you
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Unless, of course, the food is crawling into your mouth at night while you're sleeping.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    omg.gif Absolutely no food makes you gain weight. It's eating excessive calories that does that.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Wow! Good thing hummus is still a good food option.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Unless, of course, the food is crawling into your mouth at night while you're sleeping.

How many calories do spiders have?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member

Huh?
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    8, 1 for each leg... the body is inedible :laugh:
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    I was addicted to Einstein Brothers Bagels Chicken Caesar salads at work. They even included a bagel!

I got one almost daily and usually with the cinnamon raisin bagel for "dessert". I was so proud of myself for having a salad almost every day and couldn't figure out why my weight was climbing.

Was upset when they discontinued them and complained. Come to find out it was because they were way too unhealthy. The salad was just 22 gm carbs but 720 calories, 56gm fat! The bagel I'd get added an additional 273 calories (60 carbs on one item, not good for someone carb sensitive).
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Humous isn't bad for you though its just high in calories and fat but healthy calories and fat!!! Enjoy in moderation.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I used to eat in excess, thinking they were healthy*

Whole grains
    Restaurant salads
    Fruit-still struggle with this
    cottage cheese-tons of sodium
  • GasMasterFlash
    Depends on the kind of spider, and what it has been eating. Free range spiders have a different nutritional makeup from a commercially bred spider.
  • GasMasterFlash
    I've been told to "eat a d**k" on several occasions. I wonder if it's because penis is low in calories, an they're just really giving me weight loss advice.
    Ladies beware! Those things can create a gradual, steady weight gain for about 9 months!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I've been told to "eat a d**k" on several occasions. I wonder if it's because penis is low in calories, an they're just really giving me weight loss advice.
    Ladies beware! Those things can create a gradual, steady weight gain for about 9 months!

Not if you "eat" it. Duh.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Not if you "eat" it. Duh.
    Not according to my mom. She said that slow dancing can have the same effect too.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    The only food I've seen gain weight was pasta.

It gets heavier when I cook it. I think it's just water weight though, from absorbing some water when I boil it.

AWESOME!!! :laugh:
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    That's not how it works. You didn't gain weight from eating fruit. You gained weight because you ate at a surplus.

This! You aren't eating at a calorie deficit/maintenance intake if you are gaining....
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    I know when I was younger I thought stuff like trail mix was okay to eat in massive quantities, and... here I am today lol
    I used to think that too when I was younger. :laugh:
    I've never read anywhere that mangos cause weight gain. In fact, they have a low glycemic level and are thought to help with weight loss
    I've never heard that either,, that's weird. Last summer I ate a lot of mangoes and I didn't gain weight from it. @OP: You gained weight from those things because you more than likely ate more calories overall than you needed.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Dried fruits
    Juice.

And the big surprise:

Starbucks Matcha. Has 38 grams of sugar ON ITS OWN. Stunning.
    Macha should NEVER have sugar. It's just ground tea leaves for God's sake.