Supportive Spouse?

Options
Anyone have a non-supportive husband/mate/wife? Mine is very visual and has told me in the past when he's noticed I've gained weight. It hurt my feelings. I knew I had. It's just not easy. So now I'm loosing. I have been working really hard. Finishing up 7 weeks. The first 4 weeks I started noticing a difference. He doesn't say a word. 4 lbs and who knows how many inches gone....Nothing from him.

I would think he would be doing CARTWHEELS and excited because I'm trying to better myself...but nothing. He doesn't help around the house so I can work out or with our child. Sometimes it's practically dark before I get my work out in if I don't do it at lunch. Anyone else have this problem?? How do you handle it? Do you say anything?

Replies

• Dtregle
    Dtregle Posts: 12
    Options
    i would def say something. Im sure he would help you out if you ask. And maybe walk around the house barely dressed and he will notice the lbs and inches lost!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that your spouse is un-supportive of your efforts but yet freely criticizes you when you've gained a few pounds. Yes, I would definitely talk to him, especially if he is your husband, who you'll spend the rest of your life with. He probably has no idea that you need or want his support in these areas, so I'd recommend starting with an open discussion rather than an accusation-type conversation. Hope this helps.