Wanting to do the couch to 5k

Options
Has anyone done this with success?

I walk 3 miles at a time but ive never ran it. I wanted to start with this.

Replies

• angelajiniel
    angelajiniel Posts: 115
    Options
    There are a lot of people on here doing it, you should search through the threads and look around. I love it. I am on week 5, just finished day 1 last night. It's a great way to start slow and not even realize you're running!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done this with success?

I walk 3 miles at a time but ive never ran it. I wanted to start with this.

I'm on week one right now :-D I love it
  • megancolleen123
    Options
    I did it and completed my 5K a few weeks ago. I ran a cancer race for my mom who is battling cancer. Now I am training for a 10K in October and then I plan on doing the Disney Princess Half Marathon in March! Hopefully I will hit all my goals.. It is really good!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I just started it last week. I was walking 3 miles 4-5x week.

I really felt bored and needed a challenge. This program is awesome!!! It makes your workout go so fast and you really feel great after!!

Just google it and go for it girl!!! You will not regret it:flowerforyou:
  • fanta014
    fanta014 Posts: 56
    Options
    I recommend you to search for the Couch to 5 K topic here, it is somewhere.. just commented on it last night I think :happy: I've just started my week 3 yesterday and so far the program has been amazing, I really like it.

Oh, and you can find podcasts for it online.. First week I did with Robert Ullrey's, 2nd was some Christian Indie music and now this week I'm using a podcast that I found here:
    http://gonicoleyourself.blogspot.com/2008/06/couch-to-5k-podcast-page.html
    I think that's the one that I've liked most so far :smile: Using a podcast makes your workout so easy - no more checking the time all the time :tongue:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am in week 8 - when I started I could walk but never imagined that from 5/6/09 when I started that as of 6/20 I'd be jogging 2.75 miles straight - but I am

You can get a free version on coolrunnings.com scroll down it's on the homepage - don't download for the $20

Good luck!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I finished this past weekend, and am now working on the freeway to 10k program. Its AWESOME.

All I can say is pace yourself slowly, your jogging doesn't have to be fast, just keep going. You'll be amazed how long you can go and how good it feels once you start getting used to it. Strange as it sounds, the first 3 weeks were the worst. After that, it kind of clicked and got easier as I went.
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    Thanks so much
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I finished this past weekend, and am now working on the freeway to 10k program. Its AWESOME.

All I can say is pace yourself slowly, your jogging doesn't have to be fast, just keep going. You'll be amazed how long you can go and how good it feels once you start getting used to it. Strange as it sounds, the first 3 weeks were the worst. After that, it kind of clicked and got easier as I went.

It's all tough - just prepare yourself...I actually give myself a pep talk before - You can do this - you'll feel great after....I talk smack to myself the whole time - "you gonna let that old man out lap you"....keep pepping yourself up while you go - you can do this...look how far you've come....if the 400 pound man on biggest loser can run why cant you...side stitch ouch - are you a woosy can't stand a little pain - no pain no gain.....

I laugh when I think about the things I tell myself to keep going....
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I finished the program on May 16 and loved it...so much that I am running in my first 5K this weekend.
    Just try it, you'll love it!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I love this program. I've tried to run before and failed. But, with this program, I was able to run a 5k. Now I can knock out a 5k any time I want and I've done 10ks and am training for a half-marathon in the Fall.

I recommend it to anyone who wants to get into running.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I just started last week. Tonight will be the third day of week one. If a 55 year old, overweight, out of shape woman can do this so can you. :laugh: :laugh: We can do this.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You will totally love it. Follow the plan, stretch properly, eat right, get good sleep and you'll be on your way!! Check in with on runners club section in this part. We post daily. It will really help to keep you motivated!