Serious "duh" lightbulb moment

Options
Today I was logging my lunch and realized that for the rest of the day I have about 600 calories....and that's with my goal being over 1700 per day! My initial thought was, "How in the heck am I going to be this stringent w/ intake when my caloric goal goes down? How can I do this the rest of my life." Totally a frustrating thought. THEN, I logged the exercise I did right before lunch. DUH! Thin people eat like "normal" people (as in they aren't totally obsessing over every bite" because, in general, they're ACTIVE. They actually exercise! I can be completely satisfied with food for the rest of my life....a wide variety of foods that I really enjoy....as long as I also maintain a healthy, active lifestyle! THAT is doable for life!

It sounds lame but it really made my day. :-)

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yes :p

That's one reason I track my exercise in advance. Then I can plan how my day's really going to be. If I miss the exercise (happens VERY occasionally due to circumstances beyond my control), oh well.
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Totally had that same duh moment today!

Noticed I only had 400 cals left for dinner, "what the heck am I going to eat tonight to keep close to my goal??"

Then I realized that I can run up and down the staircase here at work for 15 minutes, that gives me another 300 to work with! Booyah!