JUNE STARTERS - BEFORE & AFTER PICS

Options
kandyjo
kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
Ok, I wanted to throw this out there and see what you guys thought:

Should we do before and after pics? Maybe do it month by month. Say, the first of every month, post a pic...that way, we have a monthly photo journal of our journey?
I wanted to see what you guys thought about this. I got the idea from an email from Jillian Michaels.

So, what do you guys think? If the majority of you ladies think we should do this...then I think we should do this :happy:
Say: the first of every month have a post entitled JUNE STARTERS-PHOTO JOURNAL or something like that....and everyone can post that months photo and also be sure to upload it to your profile here on MFP so others can go to the photo section of our profile and see our journey :happy:
Give me your feedback on this....July will be here before we know it!

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm good with this!
  • lizinginholland
    Options
    hey i'd like to start with ya'll at the beginning of july.. if thats ok..
  • kandyjo
    Options
    hey i'd like to start with ya'll at the beginning of july.. if thats ok..

Absolutely!!
  • spartidax
    spartidax Posts: 18
    Options
    As much as I hate to post pics of myself, I think it's a great idea.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Im all for it!
  • katealim
    katealim Posts: 45
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
  • mel_renee
    mel_renee Posts: 15
    Options
    This is a great idea!!! good motivation :wink:
  • dlhenry511
    dlhenry511 Posts: 64
    Options
    Great idea! Count me in! :bigsmile:
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! I'm in
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    I'm in. It'l force me to look at the before picture and add more motivation. :happy:
  • kat05317
    kat05317 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea. Although I usually don't take that many pics. If it will keep me motivated though I am all for it!:blushing:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I'm in. It'l force me to look at the before picture and add more motivation. :happy:

Agreed! I'm in..
  • brali01
    brali01 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi I am new but I would love to jump right in and do that. Maybe seeing my body change will help to keep me motivated. Since we are so close to July, I will start then.
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    Eeekk, I totally can't do it. haha. I took before pics a while ago and couldn't stand them on my camera!! It seemed to be anti-motivating! I don't even know why. It was like "well, that's how I look, I'll have to deal." Maybe in a month I'll feel more comfortable! PS- the chart is almost done, I am starting to look at how to post it, because there are 61 members!! That would make for a huge photo file. So I'm thinking about posting it on a private webpage and then posting the link... I'll let you guys know soon...
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Eeekk, I totally can't do it. haha. I took before pics a while ago and couldn't stand them on my camera!! It seemed to be anti-motivating! I don't even know why. It was like "well, that's how I look, I'll have to deal." Maybe in a month I'll feel more comfortable! PS- the chart is almost done, I am starting to look at how to post it, because there are 61 members!! That would make for a huge photo file. So I'm thinking about posting it on a private webpage and then posting the link... I'll let you guys know soon...

Oh, awesome idea!!! You Rock!!! :drinker: Thank you for taking the time to do such a thing!! You are really an awesome person!! We are incredibly lucky to have you!!!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Yay!! I'm glad so many of you want to do this. I HATE....LOATH!!!! pictures of me right now. BUT we will see ourselves the way other people see us....AND we can also monitor our success this way too!!! WATCH those places get smaller and tighter that we want smaller and tighter. AND I figured a month would be good. I would probably get discouraged doing it every week, because we don't really see a lot of change....BUT per month, I think we will get more positive results. Ok....DON'T YOU DARE LAUGH AT MINE :laugh: :laugh: Or if you do, just don't tell me about it :laugh:
    So we will start July 1st. Post your VERY FIRST "before" pic for JUNE STARTERS-PHOTO JOURNAL...
    Take two pics if you can. One facing forward (full body) and one facing side (full body) EEKKK I know....Although some of you are totally sexy and should fluant it :happy: :happy: LET ME REPHRASE THAT!!! We are all DANG SEXY!!!! There is just more to "love" on some of us than there is on other's :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ok, I'm leaving that alone...

Whoever is the first to hop on July 1st with their pic, just start the post....title it JUNE STARTERS-PHOTO JOURNAL (JULY EDITION) or something to that effect.....

Later, gals! :heart:
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to do the pictures so this is a practise shot...don't know if it will work
    anyway i will do it for july

It did not work so can you tell me how to do it?
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I guess there is no way to deleete this!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Ahhh wish I had a camera :sad: All I have is my cell phone camera and no way to get a picture from my phone to the computer.

Sandi... to post a picture (I usually use Photobucket) you make the coding look like this without all the spaces:
    [ img ] URL of picture here [ /img ]

Make sure the img and /img is lowercase otherwise it will not work. Dunno why, but its funny like that.
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Never thought I would do something like this...BUT I'M IN!!!