NROWFW books for Mothers Day

Options
sapalee
sapalee Posts: 409 Member
After all the reviews on here about the New Rules of Weightlifting for Women book I've ordered myself, my mother, and my mother-in-law a copy. I'm already weightlifting in CF but will be moving away from my box and will have access to a free gym, like the idea of the programs in the back.

I've been sharing my enthusiasm for weightlifting with my moms and am gently encouraging them to give it a try. Maybe they could do the program together....

Would you be offended if you got a weightlifting book for mothers day?

I'm trying to convey that I love them and am thinking of their bone health.... just don't want it to come off wrong.

Replies

• leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just present it as if you want a gym partner and it could be a fun thing you could do together.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    As a mother of two Adult children and one adult grandson...I would have been THRILLED to receive that book as a gift! It would convey the message that my children didn't think I was too old to start working out and lifting weights. I had to buy it for myself.

I think your moms are pretty lucky to have you as a daughter! :flowerforyou: