Please Help

Hello,

I am having great difficulty losing 'The last 10lbs'

I got so upset today because i just feel so disheartened because i feel as though i'm getting anywhere... :cry:

Weight 151 lbs, 5ft 11 and ideally i'd like to lose 10lbs but would settle for less if i could just get rid of some extra fat.

I'm a Vegan and eat mainly homemade food avoiding processed food when and where i can. (With an exception of Ritz crackers which i have from time to time and the odd bit of chocolate) I rarely add salt when cooking (if i do it's reduced sodium and i use it sparingly).

I drink water throughout the day or make herbel teas. Peppermint, Green tea or mixed.

Everday I take a multivitamin which covers me on vitamin B12 and D which can be lower on a Vegan diet

working out 6 times a week. I have been doing 30 Day Shred (Circuit training) over the last month, I run on a treadmill, Yoga sometimes and do i mixture of cardio DVD workouts. I also walk my dog across country most days.

I am getting married 22nd July this year and i want to look my absolute best!

I feel like i've been working so hard and i've not been getting anywhere.
I'm seeing more muscle defination but it is still surround by excess fat (which is what i want to get rid of)

Can anyone give me reasons why i'm not losing or what i can do to see more improvement over the next few weeks?

Exercise or diet advice would be greatly appreciated...

No guessing please just factual information - Thanks :happy:

Fay :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    It sounds counterproductive, but try eating more :)
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    cdarimont might be right, your body may be in starvation mode, which means it converts all it gets to fat because it's worried when it will get more. This is not something we can just turn off, unfornately. It's built into us as humans. If you are eating too little protein or carbs, what you are consuming your body may be storing it.

I'm not saying change your life style, but look for ways to add more healthy calories (protein, fats, some carbs) and see then combined with your exercise, you might be able to lose those last 10 pounds.

Good luck.
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 149 Member
    Hi Fay,

I know a lot of people have had amazing results on here with lifting weights, theres a book called new rules of lifting for women, and that seems to increase muscle and burn fat at the same time.

you eat really well but perhaps increase protein to 20-25% of ratios, 45-50% carbs, and 25-35 good fats?

i'm not guessing but passing on advice I have seen works, check out the forums for more help maybe?

good luck hun, you can do it and you will look gorgeous on your wedding day!! no matter what the number on the scale says!! :D xx
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 164 Member
    Hi Fay,

I know a lot of people have had amazing results on here with lifting weights, theres a book called new rules of lifting for women, and that seems to increase muscle and burn fat at the same time.

you eat really well but perhaps increase protein to 20-25% of ratios, 45-50% carbs, and 25-35 good fats?

i'm not guessing but passing on advice I have seen works, check out the forums for more help maybe?

good luck hun, you can do it and you will look gorgeous on your wedding day!! no matter what the number on the scale says!! :D xx

Definitely agree. I would lower the carbs even more though,that way your body is being pushed into burning fat instead of carbs. Plus, on the protein I eat at least a gram per each pound of your body weight, to feed the muscle
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    At 5'11" and 151 lbs you are already at the low end of BMI. I'm 5'11" and 177 and at the high end and would only want to be at 165...otherwise I think I look to skinny. You may carry your weight differently of course.

If you are feeling 'flabby', then I recommend focusing on gaining muscle rather than losing fat. Ultimately you will lose the fat, but you will replace it with muscle which will help you feel more fit. New Rules of Lifting for Women is a great place to start if you've never lifted before.

Hope that helps!

ETA: Forgot about the diet part. I've noticed a change since doing 50% carbs, 25% protein, 25% fat and getting 130-150 g of protein a day (hard to do!). I've had to add protein shakes into my diet to get there.
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Thank you for your advice guys

Whilst reading over the messages and looking through my food diary i have noticed that my carbs are really high,

I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to increase my protein but i haven't looked to decreasing my carbs.

Being a Vegan it is going to be harder to do but i think if i reduce the amount of bananas, grapefruit and maple syrup that i have through the day then that will go along way to reducing it.

Any other advice would be great

Thank you

:flowerforyou: