Almost out of calories for the day

Options
jodibrox
jodibrox Posts: 37 Member
We had a going away breakfast for someone at work today. I came home and plugged in everything I ate, now only left with 173 calories to eat for the day.........and I am hungry :cry:

Replies

• Love4MN
    Love4MN Posts: 60
    Options
    Work out to get some of your calories back!
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Exercise! You can get 150-300 extra calories depending on what you do.
  • OccupyFitness
    Options
    Time to work out!
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Better have a meal that includes lots of low cal veggies that are filling too. Try to make some Quinoa as a base and then chop up and saute a whole bunch of veggies. Half a cup of Quinoa is 111 cals but it's very filling.

Also excercise then you won't feel so bad if you do go over your calories because your net will still look good.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I say Space out that 173 if you go over by 20 or so calories cut back tomorrow....

Edit to Add target High Fiber/Protein Combo

Like one poster said Quinoa

Oatmeal, Beans, Lentils, Multi Grains
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Time to earn some calories back! Go for a walk, etc....
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Exercise!!

its so simple..

don't restrict yourself to that small a meal.

Just exercise and then you can eat more.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like the typical after junk food hunger. I know anytime I eat a lot of sugary stuff I end up being super hungry later (which is one of the reasons why I got to my heaviest - always chasing the hunger with the wrong food). Anyway, I like the idea of having something really light but filling like a big salad with some grilled chicken in it and little/no dressing.

Don't worry so much about going over a few hundred calories - as long as it's only once in a while, it won't derail your progress at all!
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I say one meal wont hurt you. What will is if u starve yourself today because then u will just be starving again tomorrow and may get off track. I agree work out get some of those calories back but if your hungary eat ( just make healthy choices)
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options

Don't worry so much about going over a few hundred calories - as long as it's only once in a while, it won't derail your progress at all!

TOTALLY AGREE
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Eat a normal dinner. Do some exercise, and/or eat a little less over the next couple of days. And overall, don't worry about it. Know that there will be days where you go over. In the long run, one day isn't going to hurt your efforts at all.
  • Annaliza369
    Options
    New to this website but soo glad to see all the supportive and positive people! <3
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Unless u doing that everyday, you could use a spike day to confuse ur metabolism. Just make a healthy choice
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I'd prob do a meal high in protein, uber low in carbs, and use greens, broccoli, or tomatoes as filler and have 1/2 glass of milk and 50-100 cals carbs (whole wheat bread, flax, brown rice) to balance. That way I'd go over just a little instead of by 2 or 300.

Celery, cabbage, and lettuce I pretty much consider freebies. I actually eat shredded cabbage from the bag.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Add me to the votes of:

1. Get some exercise in.

2. Eat a healthy, satisfying dinner and allow your calories to go over a little. Don't sweat it as long as you aren't making a habit of it.

I would add, eat a healthy meal that has plenty of what you haven't gotten for the day (fats, proteins, carbs, etc). Try to keep your diet in balance.
  • jodibrox
    jodibrox Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    THank you to all of you for the positive comments!! I did an ifit workout on the treadmill and have eaten some cherry tomatoes!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I'm facing a different problem: I have over 1k calories left for the day but I'm close to going over on fat and I'm over (just slightly) on protein. So whatever I eat for dinner has to come from a pure carbohydrate source and has to contain a lot of calories.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I'm going running tonight so I can have a decent dinner :-)