Just now realizing that my goal is unrealistic

Options
13»

Replies

• EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    That's not her pelvis, it's a tendon. People with eating disorders don't have muscles that big. Let's not be insulting.

Then I apologize for my ignorance and will delete that part of my post, my intent was not to be insulting.

Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on you. People tend to jump on lean muscular woman as being "too skinny" or "sick" and it gets old quick.

I just wanted to say something here. But when people jump on lean muscular women as being "too skinny/lean" or "sick" technically there is a very good chance they are. It's called "Female athlete's triad" and it's a very real issue, a very serious health problem and not many women find out about it in the figure/fitness industry until it's often too late. They like other people who have ED's get sucked into the addiction of being lean and training/eating for a certain look. I think it should be reminded to people who aspire for this look to educate themselves on triad so they can prevent it within the community and within themselves.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I have NEVER seen a V like that on somebody who didn't have a penis. I'm not trying to be snarky. I really never have. That's crazy. But, those abs, yeah. Wow. That must take ridiculous dedication.

You may not be at goal, and I can understand wanting to be the best you can be... but you look fantastic and I admire all your hard work. Just keep lifting and taking care of yourself. Might have to bulk, like others have said, but summertime may not be the best for that. Keep up the great work, it definitely shows. Totally impressed already. :)
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I do believe the lady in the first pic works out HARDCORE. OFTEN.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that she does 100+ situps a day... 50+ chinups, etc... It's just an obscene amount of work to be THAT ripped....

You look stunning and gorgeous as you are!! If you want that 6-pack, work those abs daily!

-edit-

Also, she is flexing as hard as possible whilst not holding a camera...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Also realize that at your age "muscle maturity" hasn't happened yet. Keep at it though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

[/quote]
  • sheschemes
    Options
    It's really inspiring to see how goals change with a realistic, healthy attitude. You look fantastic and definitely have the dedication to get those dream abs.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Really appreciate the positive vibes and help everyone :]

I try to set realistic goals, I just was way off here. I have been losing weight for about a year no going from overweight to nearly underweight. I eat 1600-1800 cals most days (finals week so not so much atm) and have been lifting since early high school. Strong as heck and lift consistently. But I'll just have to keep that up and hope for more progress next year.

Its really not so much i'm scared to bulk, I jsut don't want to right before vacation and summer xD i'll continue lifting on vacation and probably will be in a surplus since I just eat what I want on vacay

Seen amazing transformations in months, taken me a year to get where I am, and I am a prime example of why you should NOT look at other people's weight losg/ gains and compare to your own.

I can really relate to what you are saying as I am finding it frustratingly slow to build muscle, but then I am the wrong side of 35 plus I have had 2 kids. I wish I had been in a position to work on my fitness at the same age that you are now, you have plenty of time ahead of you to reach your goals. I have been lifting weights for about 2 and half years now, although at times I am restricted by what I can do by chronic back problems, that said I am slowly but surely making progress towards to the body I want, it really does take time though. I think my problem is I can't quite decide exactly what I do want! sometimes I want to get stronger and then others I just want to lean out a bit to show off the muscle I have more. I reached a point about a month ago where I'd decided to up my calories to try to bulk, but now like you I can't face that with summer around the corner. So now I guess my plan is probably going to be similar to yours - maintain but keep working hard for summer, making sure I make good food choices, then come October, colder weather and bigger clothes I'm going to reevaluate and look to bulk.

Sorry if I seem to have taken over your thread with a rant of my own, it just touched a nerve :flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    It will take time and muscle gain but I know you can do it
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

Also, she is flexing as hard as possible whilst not holding a camera...

Very true xD I was not flexing either and didn't have the awesome lighting xD
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I think I am in a similar situation as you. I made a thread yesterday (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/577233-question-about-lean-body-mass) because I was wondering if I have too little lean body mass. I am happy with my weight, but I am 108lbs on a 5'3" which is only like a few pounds away from being underweight per BMI. I know people say BMI doesn't work for everyone, like for bodybuilder. But it should mean something in my case, since my LBM is not that high. Anyways, sorry for the rambling. For now, I just concentrate on being stronger and building up my strength.

As I've said before, you look amazing. You WILL achieve your goal.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I try to set realistic goals, I just was way off here.

Still realistic. Very much so. Just in a time frame that is not this summer. You CAN do this, and I know you will. It is achievable by all means, especially by you.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    You WILL get there. You need to bulk I suspect, but for what its worth, I'd kill for your stomach as it is right now. xxx

^^DITTO!!^^ :flowerforyou:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    That's not her pelvis, it's a tendon. People with eating disorders don't have muscles that big. Let's not be insulting.

Then I apologize for my ignorance and will delete that part of my post, my intent was not to be insulting.

Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on you. People tend to jump on lean muscular woman as being "too skinny" or "sick" and it gets old quick.

I just wanted to say something here. But when people jump on lean muscular women as being "too skinny/lean" or "sick" technically there is a very good chance they are. It's called "Female athlete's triad" and it's a very real issue, a very serious health problem and not many women find out about it in the figure/fitness industry until it's often too late. They like other people who have ED's get sucked into the addiction of being lean and training/eating for a certain look. I think it should be reminded to people who aspire for this look to educate themselves on triad so they can prevent it within the community and within themselves.

Very interesting. I did not know this.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You're very hard on yourself. Live, just live... oh, and have some fun along the way. :bigsmile:
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    gotta first understand that to build a physique that woman had takes years of work.. people look at infomercials such as p90x and insanity and think that being undoubtedly ripped can be achieved within a few months.. it honestly takes years of eating correctly and weight training to achieve the ideal physique, particularly to the fact you might not have enough muscle mass to become that lean.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Please don't take this wrong, but if I'm being perfectly honest, you're hott and sexy the way you are right now. The ripped is a bit scary... It's just my opinion, though. But, I'd say keep trying without becoming unhealthy if it's what you really want.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Dude, I think you look beautiful and I legitimately believe you would be crazy to lose more weight. You're thin with amazing, feminine curvature. Don't spoil that by becoming skin and bones.

If I can look anything like you when I hit goal, I will be a VERY happy woman.

::huggz::
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    gotta first understand that to build a physique that woman had takes years of work.. people look at infomercials such as p90x and insanity and think that being undoubtedly ripped can be achieved within a few months.. it honestly takes years of eating correctly and weight training to achieve the ideal physique, particularly to the fact you might not have enough muscle mass to become that lean.

Oh trust me I know :] Though I have only been watching my food intake/macros now I have been lifting since i was a sophomore in high school. If only I knew more then right >.<
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

Oh trust me I know :] Though I have only been watching my food intake/macros now I have been lifting since i was a sophomore in high school. If only I knew more then right >.<

yeh i didnt start until i was a senior in high school.. definately stick with it and your body will reward you slowly but surely. you already have a great physique just keep up the good work!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! As a few others have said, it takes a long time to end up like that first picture, you CAN get there, it may just take longer than you'd originally hoped.

I'd enjoy your summer lean, and then bulk when it starts getting to the colder months. Then you can focus on building some extra muscle, and cut again in time for summer next year! :smile:

It's hard to create abs and muscle definition when you haven't been eating to gain mass in the first place. I'm sure once you've finished bulking, and then you cut for next summer, you'll have more to show for it! All the time you work on it, you're getting closer and closer to your goal.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I fear my muscle and/or fat% goals are also unattainable, wanted to hear what others have said.
    p.s. you look great.